Monday, December 2, 2013

Golden Investigators

Quote from this week ``Elder Crockett What do you want for Christmas`` ``I would really love more pamphlets of the Restoration`` ``We just sent you some the other week`` ``Ya...I already used most of them hahahaha``

So the whole cold thing didnt last that long, i got pretty used to the cold really fast, actually today i was running around in gym shorts all day. But im sure that as soon as i find a place that accepts cards (not many this far down in the world) that has something i like i`ll pick up some

I LOVE AYSEN! For real its such an incredible sector. The other day i met two girls, one of them is 20 the other is 17 and they are best friends, one of them was one of our investigators, and the other is her best friend. But they came up to me and said ``Hey Elder Crockett, we really want to be baptized Mormon.`` And shoot these two girls are so golden. Ok story time
Fast sunday comes along and i spend the morning before church meditating on what i need to do to get this sector going really strong. And then i kneel down to pray to start my fast. And after i finish praying there is a investigator that pops into my mind. And then just then my companion yells out from the bathroom ``Elder Crockett a investigator just popped into my mind, we need to call her`` And it just so happens that it was the exact same girl that popped into my mind too. So right away i pull out my phone and call her, and i invite her to come to the church, and she told me that she really wanted to, but she was spending the night at a friends house, and then said ``And so i dont think that i`ll be able to.....Actually what am i talking about i can totally just invite her to come with me``
And she totally brought her friend to church with her, and they went to all the classes together and they totally got along great with all the members. And then after the meeting my investigators comes up to me and we are talking and she says ``You know i have wanted to get baptized for a really long time, when can i get baptized ( for real everyone wants to get baptized in the c ity haha) and my companion says ``Well we are having a serve on the 14th. Will you prepare to be baptized on that day`` And she says ``Ya for sure, if my dad says i can i will totally do it``
Now from what i know about her dad i had doubts that he ws just going to give her permission. So later that day i was visiting the branch president talking to him about our investigators, no before i go on with my story you need to know a random fact, one of the biggest challenges that we have here in the ward is that the President got in a fight with the missionaries before, and ever sense then was kind of working against us, but he came up to me in church, and said ``Elder Crockett ever sense you`ve gotten here the entire missionary work has turned around, congratulations, and i wanted to say ``Well president ive been here for 2 weeks and big improvements that are happening probably has nothing to do with me`` But i decided against it haha, so i just said thank you, and then set up an appointment to talk with him.
Ok so we were talking about my investigators, specifically the one who we are planning on baptizing in 2 weeks, and the situation with her dad, and President says ``You know what Elders I think i can help you out with that. I will go and visit him, and i will get the permission for you`` And at first i was relatively shocked because i have only heard little horror stories about whats been going on between him and the older missionaries, but shoot i was happy. And then he said ``Elders, i have a bunch of references for you`` He then gave us a ton of references, told us when they will be home, and then set up appointments so we can go visit them with him. 

And me and president just got along so well, and he is so willing to help us in the work and do everything he can to get the members to come with us too. And when we left his house my companion said ``What the Freak! I have been trying to work with him for almost 5 months now, and you get here and within 5 mins he trust you more than any missionary than has ever been in Aysen`` And i just say ``Well, i am pretty pretty awesome some times haha``

But for real Aysen is awesome, i have like a bazillion stories from this last week, its just incredible how great the work is here.

Happy Birthday Mom, and R. I totally celebrated your birthday last night, a member gave me a cake, it was more for a welcoming gift thing, but i used it for a little birthday party on the other side of the world haha.

I set up Christmas decorations in my house. Mom i live on that main street with the bridge. My house is actually super awesome. I`ll have to send you pics of my nice little Christmas tree and stuff.

Welps Love you all! Keep me posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment