Monday, January 27, 2014

Nope, don't need new shoes.



Elder Hancock My Lider Misional is named Hno Jacob and he just got home from vacations in Conce. And i was eating lunch with him the other day, and he said ``Hey Elder Crockett I met an Elder In conception that reminded me alot of you.´´ I cant remember his name but i remember that it was the name of that Superhero movie that Will Smith is in.´´ And so i said ``Hancock?´´ And he said ``Yeah that one´´ And then i described what you looked like, and he said ``You know him?´´ And i said ``Ya i grew up with the guy.´´ Small world right. haha
So mom my shoes are not that worn out, i am sending you a photo just to prove it hahahahaha. But actually Dont worry about the shoes i have another pair that i have hardly used. Its just on the days when it isnt raining i wear my dead shoes, and i wear my good shoes whenever there is chance of rain because i dont want to ruin my good shoes haha. And i would tell you my pants size but i have no idea haha. But i actually do need more pants because im at the point in my mission where every single pair of pants i have is worn out in between the legs that every single pair of pants i have has ripped at least once. And after having them fixed they just last until i have to sit down again and they rip in a different place. And i would buy new ones myself but i dont think my length size exists here in South America hahaha. What you could do is just find pants that are long enou8gh for Truman, because he waas a little taller than me before the mish. And i imagine that he still is now, and then just buy a size that isnt so skinny. like a 34 or 35 por alla. I think thats what i am using. Even though i said i got fat when we talked it was only half true because i still use about the same pant size i really just manned up

So speaking of that Song How can i be. Earlier that same day my companion and i were planning a couple of games for the activity, and when we finished we still had about a half hour until we needed to start studying again. And so I bust out my uke and start singing primary songs from that book you sent me. When i remember that song How can i be that i used to sing all the time. And so i started to sing it in spanish (quickly translation it from english to spanish as i was singing) (Because speaking englsih just doesnt feel right to me) (Another story about english will follow) But i was singing that song in spanish and my comp thought that it was LEGIT. And he Said `` Elder Crockett. That song would be perfect for our Book of Mormon Activity today. You need to sing it.´´ And i realized that he was right. So when my Language study started i spent a couple of mins to translate it good and write down the words so that it would all sound good and everything. And then practiced it like once. And that called it good. I sang the song and i was awesome. Everyone thought it was awesome and they were super excited for the other activities that we had planned that night.

So another English story. This Sunday there was a family visiting who is from Colorado. And Both of the Parents Spoke spanish but their daughter didnt. (she has like 18 years old) But i was talking to the parents making them feel welcome, when i realized that the girl had not said a single thing and was just looking at me with a really confused , yet amazed look on her face. And i just wanted to laugh because it was the exact same look that every single new missionary has on their face when they start talking to people in spanish, and realize that they dont understand anything haha. So I say something in English to her, and oh my gosh she spoke so fast in English. Almost as fast as you all did when i called you for Christmas. And then i responded, and i spoke really Slowly and had to think about every word that came out of my mouth. (like i had to for Christmas too haha) And my companion is just sitting there trying not to crack up at how bad i am in speaking in English. (little known fact when i write my email every week i constantly find myself erasing a ton of things i wrote because i realized that it was all spanish) (Only has happened twice today, im going for a new record haha)But after i finished talking to her. I felt really comfortable speaking in spanish again, and i was speaking at normal rate (faster than my english) And my companion just starts making fun of me saying ``Elder Crockett, you speak english like its a foreign language to you.´´ And i reply saying ``Well it pretty much is. I speak Spanish all day everyday. I think in spanish. All of my dreams are in Spanish. And when i am alone with other gringo missionaries, I still speak spanish. Even if they try talking to me in english. The whole English thing just doesnt click in my brain anymore´´ I would say ``Sad, but true´´ Pero no estoy ni alli con ingles, entonces no me importa si no puedo hablar en ingles bien hahahahahaha

Oh mom Carmen, and Rodrigo Requelme told me to say Hello. It´s funny, ever time i see that family they seem to know more about whats going on in the house than i do, because they see the pics you put on facebook, and then they will ask about something that i have no idea about, and then say ``Ok right it was a new photo. Im sure that your mom will tell you about it next p day´´ hahaha

Love you all. Keep Me posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment