Monday, August 26, 2013

CAmbio en Last Reglas, y en LAgo RAnco‏

Hey Everyone so There was Just a Change in the Mission Rules, and i am now aloud to write emails to my friends too, if you want to tell me something feel free to do so! And i can write you an actual email instead of just throwing out a ´´i will write you a letter answering you so you can expect to hear back from me in another 4 months´´ haha

So i got a call last night saying that i am getting a new Companion. His Name is Elder Abarca. And i know Absolutely nothing about him hahahaha. Neither does my district leader, or either of my Zone Leaders. So i have no idea what to expect hahaha But i am going to go to Osorno Again this Wednesday to Pick him up so i´m sure i´ll find out pretty soon

So I was with Elder Spriggs this Last week on an Intercambio, and it was hilarious!!!! He made the Surprise Box Remark. But before we met up i was thinking to myself  ´´I already know i cant speak English, and i am going to be running around with a Gringo, and so this is going to be a perfect opportunity to Practice´´ But then i started thinking about every single return missionary i know who served a spanish speaking mission, how they all come home with just ridiculous accents, and i thought to myself ´´I do not want to go home sounding like a Chilean, i would much rather come home sounding awesome like Josh Turner´´ and then i got hit with a brilliant idea I decided, that i was only going to speak in a country accent when i speak in English, that way when i get home in a couple years i will just be used to only speaking English with a country accent so i will just sound Legit!

And so i did hahahahahahaha

And it was so funny!!!! I sounded so good though hahahaha But it was awesome i would be going around with Elder Spriggs, speaking all awesome, and then we would talk to someone on the street and suddenly my country accent goes away and i use my spanish voice, aka my normal, which probably by now has some weird mix between a Mexican Accent and A Chilean Accent because i´ve been running around with A mexican In Chile for the Last 3 months. But Elder Spriggs said ´´You speak awesome spanish, and you have a great spanish accent too, but your spanish voice, doesn´t sound anything like your English voice´´ Little does he know, that my super attractive country accent, is totally fake hahahahahahahahaha And i think its so funny to think that half of the reason i´m doing this is so i can use the word Y´all without sounding like an idiot hahahahahahaha For real English needs to invent a better pronoun for Ustedes haha

But at one point we got called by the zone leaders, and both of them know me, and know i don´t have a country accent, but they and Elder Spriggs told them ´´I really like having Elder Crockett as a companion, he has a really nice country accent, and i havent heard one of those in a long time´´ And the zone leaders totally went along with it!!!!! They totally pretended that they always loved talking to me because of my country accent hahaha WIN!!

But i´m totally bummed about something, with the new companions, i am getting moved to a different District (i´ll still work in Lago Ranco) and so i wont have any more intercambios with Elder Spriggs, so i´ll just have to hit him up with my super awesome accent when we have Zone Capacitations (P.S. i dont even know if thats a word in English the word in Spanish is Capacitación so i just gringoized it and i hope its a word hahaha. I am going to have so much problems with Speaking English when i get home haha)

So mom, what you told me about Truman, and a decision he decided to make, I totally made the same decision a couple of years ago, and it was really hard, but looking back i know it was what God Wanted me to do. If you  could i would really appreciate it if you could ask him to write me an Email telling me about it, and next week i will totally give him some support. I would write him write now but i dont have his Email Address, so just ask him to email me please :)

Welp i love You all! I look forward to hearing how you´re all doing!
Ella, you´re such a girl

Love you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment