Monday, September 2, 2013

New Companion!

Dear Mom you totally still take priority over all my friends just so you know. Just a little insight to how i do my internet is first i write my mission president, then you, and then i write my friends. So you are always in first place

Hey Dad I had a video game for the PS2 that i played when i was a kid called Kingdom Hearts, and it sounds almost exactly like what Lela wanted, you can let her play with those to keep her calm for the next month haha

So just so you all know when the Voice recording i sent home i wasnt trying to pull off an accent, that`s just kind of how my English voice sounded. The day that i pulled the Country Accent all day long sounded a million times better.

So I LOVE my new companion! He is awesome, we get along awesome. But before i get into talking about him i want to tell you my adventures of Ditchin my last companion in Osorno haha

I left my home at about 8 am, because we had to be in Osorno by 10 30 so that my companion could leave with the group heading down to his new sector, and its about a 2 and a half hours drive to get to Osorno so we left at 8. And as soon as we arrived (at 11) Immediately the other missionaries grabbed his bags and threw them on a bus, and right away he had to leave. And it totally happened super quick, when i got there i just saw a huge group of missionaries, and i was friends with almost all of them so i head over there, and start talking to them, when my old companion just kind of nudges me, and said he was heading at. And then he left.

I then learned that my companion Elder Abarca was coming from Coihuique, (way down south) And that he wouldnt arrive until about 10pm. So I have another Friend he named Elder Miltchen (I think it`s spelled like that), and so when he hears that i was going to be there all day he gets super excited and says ``Elder Crockett, you totally have to come out to lunch with me!`` And so we went out to eat, when we run into my first companion here in Chile Elder Larsen!!!! And it was super legit.

So we all went out to eat. His companion right now is Elder Neilson, and i was his travel leader when we came to Chile. But anyways we are all eating when Elder Larsen asks me who my new comp is, so i tell him Elder Abarca. And He couldnt even Believe it. He told me that Elder Abarca, was his companion in Paillaco right before i arrived. So when Elder Abarca left i got there. And then it totally remembered reading the area book, and seeing his name written all over everything. And so Elder Larsen was super excited for me.

After Lunch i met up with my friend Elder Amone, he is a super Legit tongan from Florida. And his companion was on the same flight a mine so i spent the rest of the day with him. We went to the mission office, the post office, and just all over the place It was super fun! I love that guy. He`s actually my new Zone Leader now. And Guess what he totally has a uke. But i`ll get into that in a min.

Well to make a long day short 10 o clock comes around, and i found myself in the buss terminal when i see the mission president walking with a huge group of Elders. And so i started searching for my companion when i realized something, that i already knew almost every single one of them, and i was wondering why they where all in the terminal, when i saw Elder Balbuena, when it clicked. It was all the missionaries going home that day. And so Elder Balbuena sees me and runs up to hug me and stuff, because me and him are super close.

But i am going to skip the next part of the story and go straight into when we had to say goodbye. It may have been one of the saddest moments of my mission. I just said goodbye to a ton of my friends, knowing that most of them i will never see again, because they are from all over the world, and so after i hug a bunch of them goodbye, i go and i stand with my friend Hermana Tipples, and it was so sad, we where there waving goodbye to the dieing missionaries (mission term for going home) And a TON of them where Crying! They didnt want to go home. And then i started talking about it with Hermana Teeples, and i Totally do not want to Die! I know i literally just started my mission, but i already love it here!  I can not imagine how hard it is going to be in Two Years to go back home. Now I still love you all, and i`m super excited to see you some day, but man it is going to be tough. Thankfully i dont have to worry about that for a long time though. So i`m solid.

After they all left my companion arrived in Osorno. And so i left with him Elder Amone and Elder Poirier (his new comp) And we stayed the night in La Union. The next morning i decided that i was not going to do my 30 mins of exercises, and that i was just going to play the Ukulele instead! I loved it so much!!! I then made it a point to shower last so that i would have a longer unbroken time of playing Elder Amone`s baby. But Good Next sense he`s my zone leader we can totally have intercambios, and so he said that the next time we`ll have one he`ll make sure that we are together so we can jam. I am super stoked for that!

And he totally knows where i can buy one in Osorno, he bought an alright Baritone Uke (not as nice as my baby, but lets get real mine sounds like Magic, and we are in South America so uke`s arent exactly that common) But he bought is for 20,000 pesos. Thats only like 40 bucks! I totally want to buy one! I`m not sure how i`ll have time to jam with it though, most of my free time goes to practicing the hymns for Sacramento meeting. Oh ya by the way i`ve totally been playing the Piano in Sacrament meeting for a couple of months now, i just dont think i brought it up.

Welp i wanted to tell you about my new companion, but i think that would take another hour so i think i`ll tell you about him next week. But hes awesome, love that guy to death.

Love you All!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment