Monday, February 10, 2014

District Leader Elder Crockett‏

so if you want more part of the story here is another part
I get home from jail and i see my cell phone has a missed call from the mission President from about an hour  earlier and so i call him back, and here is the conversation that followed
``Elder Crockett, what happened, why didnt you answer the phone when i called´´
``i was in the jail, they didnt let me have my phone with me, so i just saw that you called a few seconds ago´´
``Let me get this straight. You didnt answer your phone...because you were prison?´´´
``Yup, that just about sums it up President´´
``Why on Earth were you in jail?´´
``Well a couple of days ago...´(to be continued, maybe hahaha)
Actually the mission President was only calling me to tell me that i was going to be the new district Leader. I am in charge now of 8 missionaries, 2 of which are sisters. And i actually have very little idea what im supposed to do. Other than make sure all the missionaries are ok, take all their numbers, and run and teach the meeting we have every week. But i´ll learn.. Actually when the mission President called me, after telling me about how many were going to be in my district he just said ``Well Elder Crockett, these missionaries are really going to need your good example, and your help, but you know what to do.´´ 
And then i responded ``Dont worry about anything President, you can trust me´´
He then replied ``I know i can, thats why you have this assignment´´
And then said bye. And then my companion was right there looking at me, and starts jumping up and down, saying ``I knew it! I knew it! i knew you were going to be a district leader!´´

It wasnt actually until about a half hour later i was walking over to an appointment i had and suddenly i realized that i have no idea how to be a DL, i´ve only been companions with one like a year ago haha But im excited.

So this last week i was teaching a family that was super awesome. I actually met them knocking doors. And the Husband is a inactive member who hast come to church in like 15 years, and the wife isnt a member. And i`ve actually been teaching them for a while, but the wife is almost never home, and so i have only taught her once before. But i set up an appointment specifically to meet with the whole family. And i went there and we taught the restoration. And I brought with me Hno Jacob (that man that you talked to the other day mom) (P.S. Love that guy to death he s my ward mission leader, and hes awesome) But while i was teaching i say to the wife ``When you know that this is true, will you be baptized by.....´´ And before i even finished my sentence she cuts me off with a very enthusiastic ``YES´´ And so i do the second part of the invitation for a specific date. And says ``Of coarse i wll.´´ and then starts telling me ``I have been going to different churches ever since i was a little girl, but i never was baptized. Because i wanted to be sure that i was getting baptized in the right church. 
 
And i have been waiting SO Long to be able to find that church. And i believe that its your church´´ We then invited her to a baptism service that we had this saturday. (i dont have my camera with me. next week i´ll send you the pics) And she came with all of her family and they loved it. And after words they came up to me and said ``Elder Crockett, at what time does the church start tomorrow?´´ And so i say ``10:00´´ And she says ``Awesome! See you tomorrow at 10!´´ And then asked me a ton of question about the church and how the meeting were and everything. And her inactive Sunday (who was now super excited to come back) said i still remember just about everything i will tell you more about it on the way home.´´ I actually have an appointment with them in a couple of hours, and honestly i am super excited. Most people would think that being P Day and all i would be thinking about what to write the family, and other such trunkynesses. but actually right now i am thinking ``I am really excited to talk to them about the Book of Mormon!´´ 

Well I love you all! look Forward to hearing from yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment