Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sorry I was late....nope, not really.

So forgive me for not writing yall yesterday. I was in a Skype Conference with Elder M. Russell Ballard, and so i had to change my p-day in order to talk with hm. But talking with an apostle made the little sacrifice worth making haha

Ok before i forget i´ll finish the blessing story.

A few days later i was walking in the street when my companion turns to me and says ``that woman looks really familiar, who is she?´´(we were on divisions when i taught Maria so he didnt know her very well) And i notice that it was Maria. And before i can say much to him she sees us, and a huge smile on her face comes up to us and shakes our hands. And i think my companion forgot about the story i told him, but he asked her ``Hey, what are you doing in this part of town´´ (it was relatively far away from where she lives) and she said with a big smile on her face ``Its a nice day today so i decided to go on a long walk´´ And then after talking for a little more we set up another appointment to come by another day, and she happily accepted the invitation. And then we let her go. And as my companion and i were walking away he said to me ``Didnt she say to us the other day that she hasnt left her home for months unless it was absolutely necessary?´´ And i said ``yes she did´´ and he then asked ``What happened, i thought she couldnt walk?´´ I then sad ``You´re right, she couldnt.´´ I then reminded him of the story i told him a couple of days earlier. And we walked away happily knowing that miracles are real.

Ok now i dont remember where i left off on the jail story so i`ll just tell you why i was there haha

One of my investigators was caught stealing, and he already had a couple of other outstanding warrants and so they put him in jail. And they put him and all of his family in jail because they were with him wen he was stealing, actually they were participating too, it was like a family reunion in jail, al the uncles the parents, the kids, Big Party. So naturally their first thought is Lets cal Elder Crockett, he`s probably the only person in the world who can help us right now. And i beforehand i had already been in and out of the jail on multiple occasions so i didnt have any problems with being surrounded by Robbers and Murderers (visits there arent like they are in the movies,with the big glass panel and everything. We have to go to the center of the prison, where all of the criminals are and in a big room filled with people), and so i went in to visit them. And i went there with the intent of just giving them all books of mormon, and getting them to start reading it so that when they all left they would have a stronger testimony. and so i went there and started teaching them. 

And then i left. And thats when i saw that the mission president called me (you cant have phones inside of jail, so i left it in my house) The next week i go back to make sure that they were reading, and all of them were r except for one of them, and he was going to be in there waiting for his trail for 70 more days, and then it is prospected that with all of the warrants he had out he was going to be in there a lot longer. but i get there and all of his family is in there visiting him. And i have actually been teaching this family for a while, and they all love me, and so they were all happy to see me, and so they let me in on their conversation. And they had a lot of plans to ``get him out early´´, to say it one way, and they told me what they wanted to do to ``help´´ So they told me their little plans and then i left. Immediately when i left i said to my companion, that we needed to tell the authorities the things we knew now. So after talking a little to the jail guard, we went to visit a member who is a member of the PDI (the chilean version of the FBI) and told him everything. he then informed the proper authorities and then told us everything we had to do to not be involved anymore. And sense then we have been doing it. I am not going to enter the jail to see them. which is ok, because you cant be a progressing investigator while you are in prison cheating the system to get out of jail early (they have been in and out of a ton of different jail. they are actually pretty ´`intelligent`´´)

Well shoot i am pretty much out of time now. i wanted to tell you guys about meting with Elder Ballard. but next week i will have more tome to. just remind me hahaha

well Love you all. Keep me posted

No comments:

Post a Comment