Monday, May 19, 2014

Sweet! but No sweets

Thats Super Legit!!!!!! Dos Elder Crocketts hahahaha hey, one thing that i would do for shopping for stuff is talk to people who served in the same mission, you should be able to find a page on facebook of the mission who served there, and ask them what kind of clothes and stuff he is going to need. Also Send me his Myldsmail email address so i can talk to him when he is in the MTC and what not

And the severance  makes me super happy too, all of the people in the internet place all looked at me weird when i shouted with joy.

So this week was actually pretty awesome, that lady that i interviewed the other day got married on friday, and she invited me to her wedding, and that was super awesome, and then the next day she was baptized with her daughter, and that was even better, i had a ton of investigators that came to the baptism, and it got them super excited, one of them is planning on getting baptized in a couple of weeks, and the other one i was getting ready to drop because she wasnt really showing any progress, but then after the baptism she was super receptive, and it became alot easier to teach her, so i am not dropping her.
All the missionaries in my district (there are 8) we all sang a musical number in the baptism of  Nearer my God to Thee (in spanish though, obviously haha) And we did an awesome 4 part split version of it.
Actually something happened there that i dont want to tell you about but i think i should. But back story first. The other day i went to visit a couple of members, and they randomly started talking about Diabetes, and what the most obvious symptoms of it are, and they were all things that normally happen to me, and so i made a joke to my companion saying ``Well that would explain alot, im totally Diabetic!´´ And we both just laughed a ton, because it was a joke.
But then we were practicing the song a couple days later, and one of the missionaries that i am in charge of is the mission nurse, and as we were there my companion said ``Hey Elder, You should talk to the nurse about that Diabetes thing, because even though we were joking around those symptoms that the members were talking about were actual problems that you have.´´ And at first i didnt want to but, he talked me into asking her about it, and so as i was talking to the nurse i told her about those couple symptoms that i knew about, and then she asked me ``Well, i am going to need a little more information to know for sure, what other symptoms do you have?´´ And i respond ``I have no idea what the symptoms are, just tell me some of them, and i will tell you if i have them or not´´ But then she didnt want to tell me, justifying that if she told me than i would start imaging that i had them. And so i said to her ``Well dont ask me then, just ask my companion he´s with me all day, he`d probably know better than anyone else´´ And then i left them and went and played the piano and sung and had a ton of fun. But then after a couple of mins the nurse comes up to me and says ``Elder Crockett, you really need to watch your sugar intake, this week i am going to head up to Osorno, and i am going to buy one of the blood test machines to test for diabetes, and we will get you tested, because it sounds like you have diabetes but we need to test to be sure´´ And then i was just like ``Crap´´ hahahahahaha
So i am thinking tomorrow i will be getting tested, she told me that IF i have it, its just in its starting stages, and so it isnt that bad, and will be easier to control.
But man did that throw me into an eating healthy obsession haha, that night of the baptism, i refused to eat any cake, or cookies, or soda, and a couple of members even tried forcing me to eat stuff because they noticed that i wasnt taking anything, and so they would go and personally cut me out a giant piece, and so i told them that i was fine and that i didnt want cake, so i gave the piece to another person, when they werent looking. My companion and i had just made a bunch of brownies too that we left in our house, but i just gave all of mine away to the other missionaries that i live with.
I dont know if i actually am diabetic or not, but just to be safe i have just been avoiding sugar at pretty much all cost since ive  talked to the nurse, and will continue to do so up until i get an actual test.
But this week was actually pretty awesome for me though, i got one reference from the church that was such a miraculous reference it was a man named Patricio, and we went and contacted the reference, and he was super receptive, but when we contacted him, he asked ``How do you know my name?´´ And so i told him ``Well i just got a call from the mission office saying that you talked to missionaries and that  you gave them your address, and name and told me to contact you. When was it that you talked with missionaries the last time?´´ And he told me ``The only time in my life that i have talked to a missionary, was when i was 12 years old, about 10 years ago´´ And then told me everything that he remembered about that conversation, and how he felt after, and everything.
 And then told me that ever since then he hadnt even seen another missionary. And so he was super curious as to how we knew who he was and where he lived, and i just made a joke saying ``Well we are representatives of Jesus Christ, and if it wanst a couple of missionaries that sent us here that means it was probably Him´´  And he got super serious, and just started to ask us a ton of questions about God, and about the church, and would frequently ask us to share our testimonies about specific things, and ask us to share personal experiences. And we spent just like an entire hour, just asking a ton of different spiritual question, and we got on every topic from if there was a man who currently talking with God (a prophet) to how will he know when God is hearing his prayers, and just a million of other super awesome question. and he wanted to visit our website and study a bunch of the things on there, and we gave him a pamphlet of the Restoration, and we sent up another appointment, and wow he was super receptive.

Welp i am all out of time Gots to run. Love you all!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome picture !!! Te queremos mucho Elder Crockett.

    ReplyDelete