Monday, July 28, 2014

From Endless rain to Endless Snow‏


Half stories.., A DONDE LO VISTE! i never do that hahahaha
 
So speaking of rabies shots, i have been regularly getting them (not in the stomach) and my last one is supposed to be this wednesday. The problem is i am supposed to be flying down to punta arenas this tuesday.....
 
I got a call this week from my mission president this week, and he said ``Elder Crockett, a few weeks ago, i was praying about you, to know where the Lord needs you most. And Elder Crockett, the Lord has called you to serve as a  Zone Leader in Punta Arenas.´´
 
I responded how i was going to do everything possible to help the missionaries down there And my mission president replied, ``I know you will, thats why the Lord is sending you there.´´
 
I decided to look up the forecasts of this week down there. There is a High if 1 degree. and a low of -3. It is literally the farthest south city in the entire world, and is just separated by antartica by a short boat ride. They tell me that there is literally wild penguins down there, and there are winds so strong that they literally have handrails in the sidewalk so that the wind wont blow you over.
 
the forecast shows that it should be snowing when i get there.
 
I am actually SUPER Excited to go down there. I have literally wanted to go down to Punta Arenas ever since my first day here in chile. And i am finally going down there! All the missionaries are jealous of me, there are very very few missionaries who get to be in Coyhaique, or Punta Arenas, even less who get to be in BOTH.
 
I dont know know how many missionaries i will be in charge of. I am assuming that the minimum that it could be  3 districts, or about 15 missionaries-
 
Im not going to lie i think i am going to miss being a district leader, i have been one for about 6 months now, and i will probably be a zone leader for the next 6.
 
I actually just got a email from the secretary of the mission, telling me that the mission president is going to have a meeting this friday will all of the Zone leaders in the mission, and he sent me an email specifically saying that he is gong to try to change my flight to a different day so i can be at the meeting, if not i am going to have to attend via Skype, which i hope i can be there, this week all of the sister missionaries that started the mission with me are going home, and i would like to be there in Osorno to say goodbye to them. But if not its cool.
 
I have told very few members that i am leaving. But i told one and they said ``ALREADY! I was just getting excited to do missionary work. The work was exploding here, it was so awesome!´´ The work s still going to do just fine here, Elder MArsden (my last companion) is coming in in my place, and i know that he will be able to do an awesome job here.
 
Other random fact. This week a group of criminals broke into our house and robbed a bunch of stuff. We werent home it was while we were out working. It was literally the 5th time that this house has been robbed just this year. Granted its because the missionaries before us were idiots, and even though they got robbed they didn't do anything about it. But they didnt steal anything that was mine, just a couple of things that were from the mission. But we came home to find the front gate open, and i knew instantly that they broke in because i never leave that open.
 
But imitatively after getting robbed i talked to the mission leaders, and made arrangements to buy all of the things that were stolen, i then replaced locks, and got a member that is a carpenter to come in and make the house a safer place. I doubt that the house will be robbed again. Its like a fortress now haha.
 
But this week was super awesome for us. We dedicated a ton of time knocking doors, and we immediately started teaching anyone who would listen to us. And wow we found a ton of people. There was one family who just moved in from Argentina last week and they said ´``as a family the other day we really wanted to get started god here in chile, and we decided that we wanted to start attending church as a family, but we didnt know which one to go too´´ (the very next day after the family had this conversation) ``KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK´´ They were very excited to see us and let us come in right away, and when we invited them to be baptized they immediately said Yes.
 
But it was about time for me to get transferred, the sector was starting to get going strong so there was no more need to have me here hahahahaha. But i am happy we found a ton of awesome people. We baptized one of our investigators, his name is Jerson, Dudes a boss. Ill send you pics of his baptism next week.
 
Welp i am going to bounce i have a bunch of things i need to do to get ready for my flight. (whether its tomorrow or saturday i  dont know yet, but we shall see.)
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment