Monday, July 7, 2014

Miracle

I have a super awesome story that i want to tell you guys this week. And just so you dont get lost in it i am going to be telling it from two different points of view, mine, and from the way a sister in the church told the story.

Starting with her.

A sister gets up in sacrament meeting to bear her testimony. And she starts.

``One time i remember in a general conference that the Lord will put angels in our lives to tell us what He wants us to know. And i have learned that the missionaries are some of these angels´´

She then started to say 

```There was one day a little while ago, when my husband was very sick, and so we called the missionaries to come over to our house to give him a blessing. And they came over right away. And after we spoke for a little while to get to now each other, because we didnt know either of the missionaries because they were both new to the ward, we asked one of them to give my husband a blessing.

``The Elder then put his hands on my husbands head and started to give him a blessing, and the spirit was very strong in the room as he was giving it. But then in the middle of the blessing the Elder Stopped, and he was silent for a couple of mins not saying a word....´´

this is where i am jumping into what was happening on my end.

The revelation never stopped, the spirit was very strong, and there was never a second that i didnt know exactly what the Lord wanted me to say. The thing was, there was something that i felt i needed to say, but i did not have enough faith to say the words that came into my mind, i was too scared. I knew that the power was real, i have seen an uncountable number of miracles, but i did not have the faith necessary to say the words that i felt like i needed to say. And i fought with myself for a min deciding if i was going to say the phrase that was in my head, or if i was going to ignore it, i was starting to lean towards not saying the things i felt like i needed to say when i heard a voice say to me ``You are my servant, you say the things i tell you to say´´ That was enough for me. there was no way that i was going to do something that was contrary to what i know had a perfect knowledge of what the Lord wanted me to say.

(back to the woman)

``After a little more than a min in silence the Elder started speaking again and he said the words ``The Lord is sending you the child that you have been waiting, and praying for, for such a long time.

``And i was shocked, know all of you know this, but the Elder didnt, that i have had a couple of really hard miscarriages, and that my husband and I have been wanting to have a child for a long, long time, but seeing how im now almost 40 years old, we figured that it would be impossible. 

``The Elder then finished the blessing, and my husband and i were both crying. The Elder then very quickly said ``I know that the power of the priesthood is real, and if you are faithful, the promise will be completed.´´ He then quickly left. Leaving my husband and i  alone to talk. And i said `Can you imagine that, that we will have another child´ `It is possible that when the Elder Said that it might mean in the millennium, or further ahead in the future´ ´´

Back to me.

I literally left that house shaking. I didnt doubt for a second that the blessing would happen, i didnt know when but i knew it would, because i have seen the sick be healed, badly injured people walk again, dying people both be healed, and others die faster. But i just promised a 40 year old woman in the name of Jesus Christ that she was going to have a child. I was freaking out man! But then the Lord calmed me down, and showed me the prophet Abraham, and so i realized, ok so it does happen. I then prayed so hard that the blessing would happen.

Back to the Woman 

``A few days later i started to feel a little sick, and immediately the words which the Elder Said popped into my mind. I rushed to the store, and bought a pregnancy test, and it turned out Positive. I`m Pregnant´´

Me.

When she says that i think to myself ``WHAT!!!!!!´´ There was such a stupid huge smile on my face that in that moment literally every one in church looked at me, and realized that it was me that gave the blessing (i was directing the music that day so i was sitting on the stand)
The sister then bore testimony of how she knew that God can and will speak to us through his chosen servants, and that the power of the priesthood was real.

When i got home that day, as soon as i get home, (my companion went straight to the bathroom so i didn't  get embarrassed) I had the biggest happy dance moment ever. And  i shouted out ``LEGIT! I said that it would happen...BUT THEN IT ACTUALLY DID!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE; THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!´´ And i happy danced all over my house. 

But thats my story for this week. I think its kind of cool. Possible even cooler than that time when i prayed and that house burnt down hahahahaha I have such cool stories. the mission is the best.
Also I had to go to the hosital again this week. Dont get scared. I got bit by a dog and had to get a bunch of rabies shots. I still have 3 more appointments to get more. I hate dogs so much hahahahahahaha  Love you mom! hahaha Dont be freaked about about Dogs
Welp i love you all! BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment