Monday, August 18, 2014

AMBUSH!!

So this week was super awesome. But i want to share a funny little story.

The mission presidente and the APs flew down here this week for a conference with the missionaries, but when they landed they came over to my house and i went on spits with one of the APs and presidente left to work with a couple of other missionaries in the city. It was super awesome, but when we come home at night, there is a ton of missionaries outside of my house. 
 
There was about 10 missionaries, and the mission president and his wife all waiting outside. And it was not normal, not at all, to have so many missionaries outside my house so i rush over there to see if there was something wrong, when one of the APs (the one i wasnt with) shouts ``HE`S HERE!!!!! GET HIM!!!!!!!`` And then all of them, mission president included, pulled out a bunch of snowballs that they hand hidden behind the fence to my house, and they MURDERED ME!!! Hahaha i didnt even have time to react, and then after they all pelted me with snow they all ran inside my house so i couldnt get them back. Thanks Missionaries in my zone, i thought you were on my side hahaha. But it was funny, i dont think that any other missionary can say that he has been ambushed by his mission president, the AP,s and half a zone of missionaries with snowballs haha

I had one experience this week that really stood out to me. So i was with the mission president alot this week, in between meeting with the missionaries, and with stake leaders i was with him alot. but there is something that he did that really stood out to me.

So normally when a mission president enters a room, you can just recognize that he is a man with authority, and when he opens his mouth you have no doubt that he is a man called of God to lead an army of missionaries. And i have always seen them as powerful leaders in the war against satan. And so all of my mission i have been striving to become a leader like my mission president is, but with Presidente Rappleye, and now with Presidente Obeso, and just have every part of my life reflect a man who has been called to preach the gospel with power and authority and to be in leader in doing so. 

but when i was n that meeting with the mission Presidente and the Stake Presidency, i was just amazed at my mission President. All of the stake people walk into to room, and they also immediately recognized him as a man who is called by God into a position of Power and Authority, and acted as such. But when we started to give a Presentation with the mission President to them he acted in a way that i really think changed my way of thinking. 
 
He was incredibly loving, and super humble, and super respectful, and in not one moment of the entire presentation he did not ``show`` that he was a man in authority, and would constantly say things like ``Presidente we are here to help you, and we have prayed alot about what we have planned, and we think that if you apply it in your Stake that it would help alot.`` And just a ton of super humble and loving things like that.
 
Which just blew my mind away, i dont even know why but it did. looking over my mission, i see that as i have acted in leadership positions i have always acted like i imagine Christ acted like when he cleansed the temple close to the beginning of his ministry. Just a big undeniable man of authority. Or like Elder Holland when he gives talks. Or like a lion. I would always see myself like that when i was in leadership positions. I wouldnt never do anything bad, or take my authority too far, but i just saw myself like that. 
 
And i know that when i was alone with missionaries trying to help them with personal needs i would be alot softer and loving, and that is what i was expecting from the mission presiednte i was expecting him to go in there and say ``Presidente, this presentation that we are going to show you is the new plan that we are going to be doing in this mission, And it will require that as a stake that you work alot closer with the missionaries`` And just other stuff like that, just kind of imposing the plan on them (like he did when he showed the plan to the missionaries haha) but no, he wasnt like that, he was super loving and acted like he was there to serve them instead of expecting of their service to get the work rolling faster here.

But it not one moment was his authority diminished or anything. everyone in the room had no doubt that the new plan we are doing came from God, but it didnt come in the form of an earthquake or in the elder Holland way of expressing things

It really effected me alot, and makes me want to change how i act as a leader, and try not to just always be a giant presence, but be able to be a gentle loving leader even when i am in front of a larger group of people. I know it is necessary to  be like that sometimes, in fact alot of times, but just the whole being able to be incredibly humble, and just let everyone know that you are only there to serve them, and to change your plans to help them better, and never in one second show any authority over them, and still be 100 percent in control of the situation at all times is just incredible. Its really making me reflect on myself alot.

sorry that i didnt write you any cool stories or anything this week it just i havent been able to stop thinking about that experience with President since that meeting that i had with him (like from last wednesday) 

Welp i love you all. Keep me posted

No comments:

Post a Comment