Monday, August 25, 2014

Story Time



I get a phone call from the sister missionaries telling me that there in a member of the church who has terminal cancer, and wanted me to give him a blessing so that he and his family could be more peaceful. And it just so happens that this day i was on an intercambio with a relatively new elder to this mission, but ill talk about that later. 

But anyways i get to the house and i meet the family,( they werent active so i hadnt had the opportunity to meet them earlier) And the wife tells me that the husband had terminal cancer and that he has been in a coma for 5 days now. He hasnt moved at all, he hasnt spoken, or anything whatsoever.

But i start talking to her and i say ``Well Hermana the most important thing is that you have faith. Any blessing of the priesthood only works according to the faith of the person requesting the blessing`` And she replied ``Yes i know, and i have faith that whatever happens that it will be what God wants, i know that you are servants of God and that whatever you say it is as though He is saying it`` She then proceeded to tell me that she only wanted more peace in her situation.

So without any further ado i asked if she was ready for us to give the blessing,. And she said yes and then we passed into the bedroom where the husband was.

She asked my comp to do the first part of the blessing, and for me to do the second part. So my comp anoints him with the oil, and then i give the blessing. And i wanted so bad to tell him that he would be healed, but it wasn't that way

So i walk up to him, and lay my hands on his head, and i say his name, and immediately after i say his name he starts making alot of noises, and my initial thought was ``He knows that i am here, he can feel me, he knows that i am giving this blessing, and he knows that if i give it he is going to die, and he is trying to tell me to stop, but his body doesnt have the strength to let him`` But i keep on going, i finish saying his name, and then seal the blessing, and before i start to follow the spirit in saying what i know that God wanted him and his family to here he starts thrashing around (thrashing may be too dramatic of a word choice but i cant think of a better word that describes it) but i though that he knew what was coming, and his spirit was trying to jump out of him, or get him to stand up, or something. 
I quickly tell him to be at peace, and he stops moving, and i bless him that he and his family would be at peace in the trials that were to come. And in the blessing i told him that he would rise again (i knew that the spirit was telling me that it would be when he is resurrected), and that all the pain he was in was going to leave. i then told him that he was going to be in a state where he was going to be able to work again, and to support his family, and that he was going to be a tool in the Lords work (and i knew i was talking about on the other side).

 I then finish the blessing, and i look down at him, and there was tears in his eyes, even though that he was in a coma i know that in every second he was aware of the incredibly strong spirit that was in the room, and of the words i was saying him, and i dont know if they were tears beacuse he felt at peace, or was sad, or just random side effects of being in a coma haha. But then i look at his wife, and she is crying too. i wanted to talk to his wife but i couldnt. 
So i just tell him ``Hermana i really want to stay here but we need to go.`` I then kneeled down next to the man and put my hand of his and tell him goodbye, I then tell his wife goodbye as well, and she thanked us for coming, and told us that she was feeling better after than. I am almost positive that deep down she wanted me to tell her husband that he was going to stand up and be better, i know thats what i wanted to say, but i just couldnt. We then left

I was later told that he died that same day.

So now i have killed two people using the priesthood haha, thats not a joke i like saying haha


Ok  so this week was a super crazy one for me, there was a missionary that is down here in Punta Arenas that got sent him early, and so there was a whole bunch of crazy sector changes so those really strong awesome missionaries that are down here in my zone could help out support the missionaries that were taking the change harder.

And so my comp and i had to do a ton of intercambios just to be with the missionaries that were left alone because they had companion that where flown out, or had to take a boat to another sector.

But shortly after me and one of the missionaries gave the death blessing we got another call from the sister missionaries( the same ones that set up the last blessing) saying there is a member that is having a problem with Evil Spirits, and they want us to go in there to do an exorcisms and to bless the house. I really hope that the sister is just crazy and is just freaking themselves out hahaha But its great to know that the  sister missionaries in my zone trust the power of the priesthood that my companion and i possess. But safe to say no matter what happens, i am going to be preparing myself spiritually these next couple of days until i have the next blessing hahaha.

Well i love you all keep me posted with how you are all doing.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment