Wednesday, December 31, 2014

SLAM DUNK!‏

So random fact today for p day we were playing basketball, and after everyone else was done playing, they all went and started playing soccer (well 3 fuera which is basically the same thing) But me and elder M decided to keep playing. And he taught me the technique to be able to dunk it good. And oh my gosh its actually pretty easy to dunk! My whole life i always thought that you just normally run up to the hoop jump and slam it, but there is actually technique behind it. But he taught me some technique and then i just started dunking like crazy!!! Just kidding i only slammed it really good like once the rest of the times i just got really close, or just kind of rolled the ball into the hoop.

Other Random fact Dad ive been working alot on doing Euro Steps during my exercise time, and so when it came down to play time, freaking no one could stop me when i got into the key. Next basketball goal of mine is doing a Euro Step into a dunk, but that may just stay a dream until i perfectionize my dunk haha 

Ok so Last random fact, and the only one that is actually of any relevance, this may or may not be the last time i write home. i have to be in Osorno By next Tuesday, and they havent sent me my itinerary yet, so i dont know if i will be flying out of Punta Arenas on Monday, or super early in the morning on Tuesday. And so if i dont write you next week, dont worry im probably not dead, so dont worry too much, but ill try to get some message out to you if i can.

But this week was really good, It had some sad moments too, like that funeral i told you about, i learned about how freaking heavy caskets can be too, holy moly. The man who died was like 6`2 and easily weighted over 200 pounds, and there was one moment when we were walking through a door when everyone let go and left me alone to carry one side of the casket, And i literally had to use like every muscle in my body just so that i didnt drop that stupid thing haha. but the Ceremony was beautiful and it was a really nice day So Menos Mal hahaha

I also had an interview with my mission Presidente this week and it was kind of funny, i walked in and we said a prayer and he said ``Elder Crockett i have one question, are you still working hard, or are you trunky?`` And immediately i responded ``Please i wouldnt get caught dead being trunky, Im going to work like crazy every single day that i got left`` And then Presidente Obeso Responded ``Ya i was expecting you would respond like that, just keep it up`` He then said ``Well i have nothing else i need to ask you, I have to interview you anyway in a couple of days so ill just wait until then to talk more`` I was literally in that room for like 10 seconds for my interview. Well and then after mine i grabbed my comp and we talked about all the missionaries and what i can do better to help them more, and that part of the interview lasted like a half hour, And that was good, 

But i was amazed by something, as i was talking to the mission presidente, i realized that he knows freaking everything about the missionaries, i know that i talk to him alot about them and email him about their needs and stuff like that, but its like he knew them just as well as i did, even though with some of them he has literally only seen them like 5-6 times. Granted he does get a weekly email form them, and i know for a fact he reads them all, like every time i talk to him he brings up specific things that i write to him about different subjects, but still it was pretty crazy how the Lord can give him so much revelation about how to help the missionaries that he knows them just as well, if not better than i do, even though i have known them for longer than he has been the mission presidente. I totally hope that some day i am so in tune with the spirit that i will be able to be like that.

But good news F Passed his baptism interview this week (AGAIN!) Its been the 4th interview hes had (2nd with me) But the last couple of times he was tempted really hard the last week before his baptism, and he would fall. But i honestly believe that he is going to make it this time. He has progressed alot my time ive been here, and especially these last couple of weeks from the last time he fell. But i will keep you posted with how that turns out. Pray for him if you can, he needs it haha

But i am really excited for this next week. I feel like its going to go by so fast, but i am going to work SO SO HARD!!!! Like my whole mission i have always tried to do my best, and work as hard as i can, but this last week i am going to try even harder! I know that God still has alot for me to do, i mean there is some reason why God needed me home on the 7th and not on the 3rd like it was originally planned, and so i am positive that God has alot of people prepared for me in this week. And i am going to find them

Theres work do and i am going to do everything i can to make sure it gets done.

See you soon
-Elder Hamilton D. Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment