Monday, December 1, 2014

The darkness always comes before the light. Boats, Demons and Baptisms‏

So this week was awesome. I am so grateful for it.

But first i will start with a couple of little News bits.

We learned about transfers this week. Elder N is leaving, and so i will be finishing my mission here in Punta Arenas!!!!!!! Im so happy about that, This sector is going to explode we are going to work it so hard these next couple of days. Im so stoked.

So this week i took a trip down to a island named Por Venir, i was doing some intercambios with the Elders down there. I had to take a 3 hour boat ride to get down there. And that was super sick, we found some pretty sick investigators there on the boat too on our way over, and one of them is currently preparing to get baptized!!! What! Zone Leader Boat Boss! But i wont talk about that too much. But it was fun

Ok onto the real story. As you know I told you that i was going to have 2 investigators get baptized this week, but  there was only one...I am so sad about that story. But i want to tell it to you guys

So about 2 days before his baptism i felt a really strong prompting that i needed to visit my investigator F, who was going to get baptized that weekend. So i rushed over to his house, and we get there and i find the door wide open. (side note i dont know if this story will be too scary or not for the kids so if you read the email to them maybe skip over it) But i run up to the door, and i see him lying down limp over his couch. 
So from outside i call out his name ´´F!´´ And he didnt respond, so i called his name again. But still no response from him. So I turned to my comp, ( i was actually with one of the APs that day) and say ´´ Dude he doesnt look asleep,we need to go in and make sure that he is still alive´´. And i am just about to step in when while he was still limp on the couch, he let out a terrifying soul crunching scream. I yell at him one more time, (this time with my authority voice haha) ´´Stand up!´´ And he jumps up to his feet, and he had such a demented look on his face. And he had this super creepy smile on his face, and he says really quietly, ´´come in Elders´´
And so i come in, and my comp follows me. And we start talking to him. And he invited us to sit on his couch, so we did, and he sat down in another chair that he has. And we started to talk. And he was not calm at all, not even for a second, he would start talking for a second, and then would just get really tormented, and would starts weeping and crying, and was scratching at his eyes as though he was trying to rip them out.
And he would start to get all shaky for second and lose control of himself. So i cut him off in the middle of one of his weeping moments, and i said ´´When God Restored his Church he gave his power to man, the power to baptize, the power to bless, the power to heal, and the power to cast out demons. We have been given this power by God, and are here to use it to help you.´´ And then he took his hands off of his face, and looked up to me, and it was probably the most terrifying face i have ever seen in my life, He was looking at me the way i imagine a man looks at a man just right before murdering him. But i wasnt afraid.And i said ´´Do you have the faith to be healed?´´
Then suddenly he looked calmer, and said ´´I hope i do´´ I then stand up and put my hands on his head, and gave him a blessing. I wont say what i said. The spirit was very very strong there in the room. And when i finished the blessing, i looked down at him, and he looked completely different, he was calm, with just a happy smile on his face, he stood up and gave me a big hug. And then he told me that he didnt feel ready to get baptized this week, and told me that he was really tempted to drink and fell. it was hard but i told him that because he fell we wouldnt be able to get baptized. But that we would keep helping him. We then prayed with him before we left, and i made him pray, told him to keep reading the book of mormon every day, and to pray everyday, and then left.

We left the house and the AP turns to me and says ´´WHAT THE FREAK JUST HAPPENED THERE!!!!!!´´ I then say´´ Elder Honestly you know what it was just as well as i do´´ And then i started walking toward our house. I was really proud of myself that not even at one second while i was there in the house was i scared, but when i got home i was terrified.  the looks on his face were just burned into my mind, I just prayed myself to sleep that night haha. 

Hes fine now though, i went by again a couple of times since, and he has some nice bruises and scabs on his face, but he is doing fine. And we are helping him get back on his feet.

Ok Good story now hahaha I was debating not telling you that one, but i didnt write it in my journal, mainly just because i have been really bad with writing in my journal ever since i was with Elder N, me and him play too much at night so my weekly emails are pretty much the records of my mission from this last month haha

But anyways good story, L got baptized this week! The were 3 people from different wards who were getting  baptized, so i talked to the stake presidente and arranged that we had a stake baptismal service. And wow it was incredible the spirit was so strong there. L asked me to baptize her she was freaking nervous up until we walked into the water, and i baptized her, and then she just looked really happy after that. It was awesome. It was so awesome to see the change in her life.
When i started teaching her she didnt even believe in God, but as she kept meeting with us, she started changing alot. She is probably one of the most faithful members we have now haha she has such a strong testimony. She had to give up alot to get baptized, and went through some really hard times doing it, but she is really happy about her decision. I think that is probably my favorite part of the mission, just being able to see the changes in people lives. It always makes me so happy.

Welps i gotz to run. I have lots of things to get done today. But i love you all. Keep me posted on how you are all doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment