Monday, June 10, 2013

Presidente Elder Superman‏

I cannot find the words the express my feeling for Lago Ranco and my new companion Elder De Regil. I am in love with the people here, and this place. For one i have never seen anywhere was beautiful in my entire life! It is freaking gorgeous!

My home is on the beach on the side of the lake with a great view of a snow capped volcano on the other side. And the people here are fantastic too, it was super funny I found a family the other day, and after we taught them they told me that when i knocked on the door the where going to lie to me and tell me that they were busy so they didn´t have to talk, but i offered to help them cut and organize their firewood, and they were lazy so they wanted to take advantage of the Gringo and the Mexican offering to do their work.

But as we were doing it we talked a bunch and they invited us inside (which i was grateful because it was literally 0 degrees) And we had a really good lesson with them, each person in the family said they want to be baptized but they are not married so right now i´m working on getting that done haha. But after the lesson it was super funny, the dad was talking about how he thought I was awesome, and was wondering how long I was going to be in Lago Ranco, and i told him that i didn´t know because we get changed frequently, and so he offered the funniest thing ever he said Well I have a Cousin shes about 20 years old and she is really beautiful, and i would love to set you two up on a date. And then if you have a girlfriend here in Lago Ranco you could have an excuse to stay for a longer time.

And i just start cracking up, and explain to him that the rules don´t exactly work that way. He still says he´s going to invite her the our next lesson, so i am just going to do a surprise attack lesson and not let the family know before hand when i am coming, because i had enough snake problems in Paillaco, i don´t need them here too haha.

So now on to my companion his name is Elder De Regil and he is from Monte Rey Mexico, and he is legit. I have only been with him for a week, and he is already my favorite companion we get along so good. And it´s awesome i am teaching him how to speak English too, and i have a million stories from that, but i will just have to tell you those in a letter.

So I´m sure everyone is wondering how long it took somebody to call me Elder Superman. I almost made it a whole week hahahaha. Last Night i was in a meeting for Branch presidents, bishops, and stake presidents. And as i walked into the meeting the District President (i think, he may have been a stake president) said Ah Presidente Elder Superman, i´m glad you arrived, we can start the meeting now. Then everyone talked about how i looked like superman. I told them all the i am not the branch President, but i´m the first councilor in Lago ranco, and my companion is the branch president. Then they said, it´s ok your probably going to be the branch president in a few months so get used to it.

And i am not going to lie, it was a little weird being in a meeting with the leaders of the Church, and knowing that i belonged there. I was easily the youngest one there. by at least 8 years (my companion is 27) But helping running the church is really interesting. But as a side note i want to throw out a confirmation of a couple of things that Bro Blaylock my priest quorum adviser said to me once. Actually a couple things. He said One day you are going to have to sit in the bishops chair and not want to. And he also said one day you are going to be in charge of a bunch of youth who don´t do their duty to god. Both of which have now came true. Thank you for your apostate prophesies Bro Blaylock.

But i have learned a lot already with my second calling haha. But i´m not going to publish that stuff all over the internet. Oh random side note, mom when you move this week, do not try to transfer my membership records from or ward to the new one. For one they are no longer there, and Bishop wont be able to find them because they are in the system here in Lago Ranco. Because i need them here to stay access church records, and other fun leadership things. But just email me the name of our new ward and when i leave Ranco i should be able to send my info there. And speaking of moving, can you send me the address to our new house? I need to give it to my mission president. And i would like to be able to still write you.

And and in reference to you sending me a package coud you please send me some a couple pairs of socks, and apparently i left my thermals in Utah so can you send me some of those too please? It would be nice to have those because we are definitely in the winter of the southern half of the farthest south mission in the entire world. I am freezing to death hahahahaha Just kidding I can survive. They haven´t sent me t a place where it snow yet. They just sent me to a place that it rains every day at one degree above freezing (literally) and is below freezing every other day.

It´s a good think i love it here and its ridiculously beautiful or else i would die hahaha I have a couple mins left so i am going to tell a quick story. I spent the night in La Union for the meeting i had the other day. And one of the Elders here is from Mexico, and the other is from Peru. But we where all trying to imitate Mexican Accents. It was freaking Hilarious. Random side note no one believes that i didn´t speak spanish before the mission, or that my first companion was a gringo that never talked to me in spanish. Because literately ever single person i meet makes some remark of how well i speak spanish for only being here for a coup of months, and not knowing spanish before ( I just liked pretending i did haha)

Alright I Love you All Keep me posted with whats going on. And please write me more letters. I am losing my ability to speak in English, which is bad because i have a ton of people that i am teaching English to. One would think that the act of teaching english would preserve ones ability to speak it.

Speaking of which If Shelley Williams reads this, i just wrote a letter to you explaining this in more detail, but it is so incredible difficult to explain words like Duncha, and Creeper in spanish. It was super funny.

Sorry if my email was super jumpy i had a million things i wanted to say but only had time to talk about like 3 of them. Because i have had legit stories this last week, everything from run ins with Gangsters in La Union to   Hiking through beautiful fields with incredible views of the mountains to find a reference. It´s been an incredible week. Y Creo que mejorará aún más esté aproximó semana. (and I think it will get even better this week. J) 
Love you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment