Monday, October 14, 2013

First Week

So i want to start my email by giving you a little insight on the pre mission life of Elder Crockett. After i received my call to serve in Osorno Chile i was incredible excited. It was literally the exact place that i was praying that i would get sent to. But at the same time i was Terrified. And there was nothing that scared me more than the thought that i was going to be living on the complete other side of the world away from Everyone i love, speaking a language that at this time of my life i hardly spoke at all. But one day i was super stressed out, to the point where i felt deathly sick, and i felt the need to search online for pictures of Osorno, and i found one there was two that just made me feel an incredible amount of peace, and from the day i first saw those fotos i have never forgotten them. There was one of a big red Catholic Church over looking a city. And there was a second one of a huge Volcano on the other side of a big lake. And when i saw those pictures i felt at peace. And i had the thought that this is the place that God wanted me to go. And that one day i would stand in these places and that i would know that this is where i needed to be.

When i arrived to Puerto Varas is was a super Rainy day. To the point where i could not see more than 20 feet in front of me. But i worked and i had a really successful day. But the next morning is a beautiful clear day. And i leave my house and the First thing i see is a huge lake, and on the other side A Giant Snow capped Volcano. Exactly as i remembered it in the picture. I think the picture i saw was actually taken by a missionary outside my house. But it was Exactly how i remembered it.

And then today i was going to play Basketball with the Elders in My Zone (random fact I met Elder Pugmire, and he definitely knew who i was. he is the cousin of MAry Wadsworth, and it turns out that we were in the same ward when we were 11. But me and him became friends instantly) But back to what i was saying, i was walking to our church (side fact number two the church is literally the most pretty church i have ever seen in my life) And i was walking with my companion when we came up over a little hill, where from the hill i saw a big red Catholic church, with a city underneath it. Also Exactly how i remembered it.

So when i was leaving for Puerto Varas i was talking to all the missionaries in Osorno, and they all thought that i was getting assigned to be the Zone Leader there. But then i told them no and that they are crazy, and that i am just going as ``Just Elder Crockett`` And then one of them said sending ``Just Elder Crockett`` to a city like that is going to make the work there just Explode there is going to be so many baptisms that they wont even know what to do with all the new members. And he said it as a Joke. As Missionaries we often make just like that about us all being super successful. But little known fact when i got here i went on a little I-am-going-to-just-invite-litterelly-every-single-person-i-meet-to-be-baptised Thing. And well it looks like God put a couple of people in my way because not only did i invite alot of people. Alot of people accepted, and were ready to start Changing their lives to be able come closer to God. And just the other day my District leader called me to see how i am doing and to ask for my numbers. And so i started to tell him. And when i told him how many Investigators i have with a baptism date scheduled, he literally laughed. And asked how many do i really have. And so i told him. Im not kidding. I really have this many. And then i named every single one of them by their full name, and then told him the day that we are planning with them. And he was just Shocked. I then finished giving him my numbers and then about 5 mins later my phone rings again, and i see its the Zone Leaders. And we talk for about a min when they Ask ``Elder Crockett, how many investigators do you have with a fecha Bautismal`` And so i told him. And then i hear him put down the phone and start talking to him companion. And then a Min later he picks up the phone again and says ``Elder Crockett. I have never heard of numbers like that in my entire mission.`` He then asked me what it is i am doing. And i told him ``This last conference the Lord really made it known how important it is that we are missionaries. And we need to be them Today.``

This last week i have had alot of incredible experiences that has helped me to know that Today is the Day. Living in the world we live in now, there is absolutely nothing that is more important right now that Living the Gospel, and sharing it so that our friends and our Families can return to live with God. The time for planting seeds is over. The field is white and ready to harvest, and we have to do it now.

 I came to a sad realization that 2 years of my life, is not a long time. Not at all. But then i came to an even sadder fact that almost half of that short time i have is already gone. But then i had the thought that made it a little better. That even though the Lord only gives us the blessing to completely dedicate ourselves to full out missionary work once in our lives. We still have the rest of our lives. And a quick perspective from the other side of the World. Ever Single missionary Alive all wishes that they took the opportunity to share the Gospel with their friends when they had the chance too. For anyone who is reading this i am sure that as you were reading this, the name of someone came to your mind. I want to tell you something. That was the Spirit telling. So do it. I wont tell you how, but the day for passive sharing the Gospel is over. The Lord needs us to get up today. And work.

I love you all. I cannot believe that you told my naked woman story in sacrament meeting hahahaha Granted Every single word of that story was true, and yes it shows that God Answers any prayer with faith. But thats one of those stories that i tell to Huge Groups of Missionaries so they all laugh. But Hey if the spirit told you to do it, i cant judge hahaha

Love Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment