Monday, November 4, 2013

Hotrodding at Death's Door

Wow mom you are in incerdible Guesser. But dont worry i am totally fine. Im not really concerned about my health at all. But i am going to get straight into Story Time!

So in the hospital i was checking in when they told me that i was going to have to go through a quick checkup before they sent me to the emergency room. So they call a young nurse to come and do it. And so she takes me away to a small room, and tells me that he is going to have to take my temperature and that i was going to have to take my shirt all the way off. And my first thought was (I know for a fact that i do not need to take my shirt off all the way) But i start unbuttoning my shirt and only unbutton the first couple buttons because i knew that was sufficient to put the little thermometer underneath my arm. And so she sees that i stopped and i guess she got a little impatient. And came up to me and started taking my shirt off for me!

And me being a missionary not used to having women taking off my shirt, i am getting a little uncomfortable, but then she pulls my shirt open and sees that i have a ``Undershirt`` on and she makes some stupid remark about how she was expecting that i just had the one shirt on. And me being pretty annoyed at how this freaking girl just tried taking my clothes off just because she wanted to, i said ``Yup i do. And i can take care of it myself thank you very much`` And then i snatch the thermometer things from her hand and put it under my arm. Check my own temperature. And then hand it back to her. And man did see seemed ticked. And then said in a pretty heavy tone ``Thank you. Go wait in the hall now`` And so happily i say ``Alright. See you later!`` And then i go wait in the hall, which i have a bunch of great stories from that but i will wait for another day to tell those ones.

After waiting for a while a women comes out and calls out ``Hamilton Denton`` In probably the thickest Chilean accent i have ever heard, totally butchering my name. And it was actually pretty weird hearing my real name instead of just Elder.
But i go with that man and he takes me down a long hallway and puts me in a room and tells me to wait for the doctor. And so i wait there messing around taking a bunch of pictures and stuff wen the doctor come in and said ``Mr. Hamilton Denton Crockett I am going to need you to take off your shirt please`` And my first thought was ``Well he said please and didnt just try ripping it off of me so i`ll do it`` haha

He then gets one of those things you use to listen to lungs and he spends a really long time checking my lungs. And Checks about every single inch of my chest, front and back. Not even kidding. He then says ``Alright. Wait one moment please`` And then leaves and comes back with a wheel chair. And i ask ``Why do you have that?`` And he said ``Its for you we need to transfer you to another part of the hospital`` And i wanted to say some mouthy remark (im a pretty mouthy person when it comes to hospitals) like ``Well i walked in here without dieing im pretty sure i can walk some more`` But i decided against it, and just happily sat down in the chair and they wheeled me off the the other side of the hospital into a room with a big sign that said ``Warning Radiation Danger`` (but in spanish) (p.s. this whole story takes place in South America so everything is in Spanish haha)

 And they take me to a tiny room. And handed me a sleeveless shirt that was made of some paper like substance. And told me that i was going to have to put it on. Then left me there alone. And i put it on, and i just think i look super buff, (one of the walls was a mirror) But i didnt do too much flexing or anything in the mirror because i could hardly move around the room was so tiny. But i thought it was so weird. It was the first time in about a year that i was dressed in so little clothes and i just felt naked haha.

They then come back for me and take me to a room where i had to do a bunch of X Rays. And i wasnt aloud to move. And it was super boring. They then tell me to go get my clothes back on. And put me back in a wheel chair. But they then ditched me there in a big room with nothing in it. And i had a wheel chair. So granted i use this opportunity to just mess around and race across the room and do wheelies and stuff like that. It was super awesome. But then as i was there messing around i hear talking, and butchering my name. So like a spy a start sneaking around in my wheelchair until i find a hall that had a bunch of doctors in it looking at my x rays talking about what they say.

And one of them said ``How long has this man had this infection`` And another one says ``He said about a month`` The first voice then replies ``Thats incredible that he has had an infection like this for a month and he still walking around like normal`` And then i decide i need to get out of there before someone discovers me so i use my ninja wheelchair moves to sneak back to where they one put me. And a few mins later the team of doctors leave their little batcave and come over to me, and told me that they where going to take me back. They then pushed me to my first room that they put me in. Sadly they then made me get onto a bed so they took away my wheel chair, which kind of bummed me out, because that thing was awesome.


A few mins later a doctor came to me and said ``Well the x rays came through good, and we could see your problem, and like you told us, you do have an infection in one of your lungs. But i prescribed you a medication that you will need to take, and there the secretary is waiting at the desk to tell you more about it, and to give you your x rays and your prescription, you are also going to have to come back next week for some additional x rays and we want to see the progress of your healing`` They then kicked me out and i went to the secretary and she gave me a bunch of papers and told me ``Well here is all of your medical reports you can just read then if you want to know more details about what you have. And here is you prescription that you need to go buy`` And then gave me everything and i left.

And i got into a bus to Puerto Varas where i was going to buy my drugs, and i decided to kill time i was going to read my lab report. And oh my goodness that thing was more straight Latin than spanish, it has so many strange words. But i to make a long story short i found my diagnosis and it was Nuemonia de Lobulo Medio Derecho. Which is just saying that i have pneumonia in my right Lung. But I was not freaked out at all. Because i figured, Welp it hasnt killed me yet, so i guess im fine. And then go and buy my drugs when a little red flag comes up. The pill they prescribed me was incredibly expensive. it cost 6x more than what we were expecting It costs 30,000 pesos for 10 pills. Which is about $6 a pill. Super expensive.

And so i called the mission presidents wife to ask if it was ok that i bought something so expensive. And she said that i needed to, and then the mission would reimburse me for the costs, So i paid with my personal money, because the money the mission gave me was not nearly enough. Hna Rappleye then asked me about what the doctor told me and i told here that he said pretty much nothing, just that i needed to take this drug, and come back in another week. So she asked me to send her copies of all of my lab records and of my x rays so she could take then to a different doctor to see if he says that there was more i needed to do. But then i bought my pills and have been taking then ever sense.

They are freaking HUGE! I`ve never had to take bigger pills in my entire life. Its like trying to swallow a Jolly Rancher whole. They are HUGE. (P.S: Kids dont try swallowing a jolly rancher whole. It will probably kill you haha) But i am happy to report that even though i got sick i still havent missed a single day of work!!! HIGH FIVE!!!! I actually called Hna Rappleye again today and we talked about how im doing, and she told me just not to leave to work if is starts raining, or if its really cold. Now granted i live on the southern end of South America so it is always deathly cold here, and it is constantly raining. So i think it was her way of telling me to stop trying to work. But i just have so much to do that i need to do it! hahaha Just kidding Right after i as told that i wasnt aloud to work in the rain i thought 'shoot what am i going to do' because it was a rainyday. And then instantly the wind starts blowing, and all the clouds blow away so its a nice sunny day now! Kind of warm too. Perfect to work!!!!

Ok time for the bad news. On Halloween i had appointments all day long so i was in houses the whole time. So i didnt get to knock doors. Which means i didnt get to go trick or treating. Sad day. I had an awesome costume too, i was dressed up like a missionary. And i played to part sooo goood. But a member has my back and he gave me a ton of candy yesterday in church. SCORE!

Welps Love Yall. Ill have to go back to the hospital tomorrow. Hopefully it doesnt take all day again. But i foresee that it wont. Love you All Keep me Posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment