Monday, March 24, 2014

Unexpected News‏

I was visiting a less active member, when i hear my phone ringing. And it was a ring tone that i did not recognize (i have a different ringtone for every different category of person ex. investigator, less active, active member, missionary, leaders) (i didnt set them the missionaries that where here before me did) And generally when my phone goes off in the middle of a lesson i just cut the call, But i take it out to see who it is and it said ``Presidente Rappleye´´ And just like every other missionary in the world acts when they see their Presidente calling my first thought was ``Freak. What is going to happen.´´ So i excuse myself from the lesson (we were actually just entered the house, and hadnt started teaching yet so i didnt feel bad stepping out for a second.

And i start talking to the mission president and he starts asking me alot of questions, he asks things like ``How do you feel about your mission? Do you like being a missionary? What are your feeling about the country Chile? And a bunch of just super random questions. And so i answered them not having any idea why. Then there was a min of silence after the storm of random questions. And he said ``Yup, you´ll be perfect for the job´´ He then told me ``Elder Crockett, i have a very special assignment for you. I am transferring you to Pichipilluco, Puerto Montt.´´

then he told me ``Elder Crockett, They really need your help there in Pichi´´ And then he explained to me the situation there, and gave me some specific directiones of things that he wanted me to do. And he said ``Can i trust you with this assignment Elder Crockett?´´ And i said ``Ya, dont worry about it president, i can handle it´´ (looking back i dont think it mattered how i responded he would probably have sent me there anyway haha) And then after i finished talking to president he talked to my companion for a few mins. ANd then we taught the less active member, and we left. In the streets my companion asked me what president said and i told him about my transfer, and he thought it was super awesome because he just came from there a couple of months ago (they actually closed the sector while he was there and they just re opened it a little while ago.)

Im not sure what part of Pichipilluco that i am going to be in but i am assuming that its the one he just came from. But i am super excited to go there!!! I love Puerto Montt so much. And i already know how to get around there, because the sector that i am going to be in is from one of the malls there, to the hospital where i had to go to a few months ago. Im super excited. The closest thing ive had to working in a city before now was in Puerto Varas, but i dont think its the same. Ill be right up against the Ocean as well. Im super excited for that. Granted i cant go in the water, but just walking along the boardwalk is awesome enough. I always loved walking there when i had to travel to Puerto Montt.

But anyway my companion was a little freaked out because the two of us was dividing the sector here in Aysen, and i was going to take one, and him the other, but now we is going to have to take the lead in his own sector, and at the same time teach the new sector to the new missionaries that are coming in.
Just like normal i did not want to tell any of the members that i was getting transferred because every time you announce that you are leaving here, everyone invites you to their home to eat, and to take pictures and stuff, and you lose a whole ton of teaching time. And so i was going along and i did not tell anyone that i was getting transferred until my Ward Mission Leader talked to me, and he was asking if we could have a meeting this Thursday. And i said ``Ya of coarse we can´´ And then my companion said ``Well of coarse I can, You´re not going to be here´´ And then our WML said ``Not going to be here? Why not?´´ And so i said ``Well its because i´m going to be in Puerto Montt this Thursday´´ 
 
Shortly after my ward mission leader when around, and announced to Everyone that i was leaving. And of coarse everyone wanted to invite us over to say goodbye. And so there goes all of my hopes for teaching my investigators this week. I didnt have to plan today because the members filled in up with Family home evenings (if they invite friends we are all good, but i assume that they wont), And most of my day Tuesday is filled up as well. And Wednesday i am going to be in the airport all day. Freaking Alfredo, it´s your fault hahahahaha Just kidding love that guy he is awesome. He was planning to go around with us to all our appointments this Tuesday, but now they are just all eating appointments, i bet he is happy about that hahahaha
 
But thinking about it its probably good that the members know im going. Because i have been here sense November, so alot of people looked at me as part of the branch. And they would have been pretty sad if i just bounced without saying goodbye (like i was planning on doing haha)
My new companion is names Elder Muñoz. I think he´s from Chile. but im not sure. But i am super excited to get to work there. They didnt tell me if i am going to be district leader there but i am going to assume yes, because normally in this mission when you become a district leader you are one for the rest of your mission, until your made a zone leader, or an assistant, or until you go home. And more then that they told me that my new district is 100% Sister Missionaries except for me, and my companion, so there is no one else to be the leader haha
 
I am just going to lie about my birthday and tell everyone that i am already 20 when i get there, because i doubt anyone would believe me say ``Hello, i am Elder Crockett. There is my first sunday here in Puerto Montt, and tomorrow is my birthday, so lets throw me a birthday part.´´ hahaha
Last year i dint celebrate my birthday because i forgot about it, this year i probably wont celebrate it because i need the members to see me as a hard worker before they see me as a normal person that has birthdays and stuff. i´ll just have to buy myself a pack of oreos or something haha
Welps Love you all! Keep me posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment