Monday, March 3, 2014

Who do you know that.....?‏

So funny fact, when you guys told me that you bought a mulberry tree, i had no idea what the heck a mulberry was, so I shoout to my companion ``¿Hey Elder Usted Sabe que es una Mulberry?´´ )Do you know what a Mulberry is?´´ And he said that he had no idea, so i told him to look it up in our english to spanish dictionary that we have buried under a bunch of other books in our storage (because no one uses it haha) And so he looks up Mulberry in the Dictionary and shouts our ``¡Mora! ¡La fruta se llama Mora en Español!´´ (The fruit is named Mora in Spanish´´ And i shouted back ``OH! MORA! Listo, ahora se que es una Mulberry!´´ (Oh ok, know i know what a Mulberry is) I thought it was funny that in order to learn a new word in English i had to look it up in a Spanish dictionary to know what it was. And honestly that is not the first time that has happened on my mission. Actually i´ve realized on my mission that Dad has a really good Vocabulary in English, and so occasionally i have to translate some of the words he uses into Spanish, and then they make sense to me. And i still have like 9-10 more months here in chile. I am doomed haha I have no idea how i am going to survive in an English Speaking Society
This week was pretty awesome, the other day in my district meeting i talked about the importance of References to my missionaries. (Actually i could spend a whole email talking about being in charge of District meetings its super awesome) (It was my first official time teaching a District meeting too!!! Every other while while i was a leader it was a meeting with an Apostal or the mission President''
 
 But real quick for those of you who dont know what a district meeting is its a meeting that all missionaries have ever week that is about 2 hours long. And The district leader is in charge of talking to the district about the strong points of the week, and then places were we can improve, and then uses to next hour and a half giving a class to the missionaries about something specific that they can do this week to do better. And there is normally different short practice teachings and stuff like that. And Shoot i do not think that 2 hours is time to teach enough. Granted The missionaries would not focus very well if it was much longer. But i planned to teach my class about 3 different topics . Talking with Everyone. Asking References. And Baptism Invitations. But i only had enough time to teach about the first two. And oh my gosh i wanted to have more time but i dont haha
 
But Anyway I taught alot about References, and put a huge focus on how important it is that we ask for references from Everybody. And Sunday night when all of my missionaries called me to give me their numbers I was super impressed with mostly everything they gave me, and i will talk about that a little more in a little bit. But after i got the numbers from everyone i had to call my Zone Leaders to pass them the numbers of my district. And when i got to the part of References Received and Contacted i told him the number ( i wont say what it is. But i said it, and my leader said ``Hold up did you just say X. Received, and X, contacted.´´ And i said yes i did. And my zone leader said (they were in my meeting so they know that i talked about references)
 
 ``Elder Crockett I have never seen so many references before in my life. That is awesome to see that your missionaries are listening to what you have to say, because this is incredible. How do you feel?´´ And i replied ``Well, i really like that we have so much references, but we have only contacted a fourth of them, and we have no excuse to leave so many references just hanging around there. Im going to have to talk to my missionaries again to get them to start contacting them because they must not have understood well enough when i taught them´´ And they were shocked at my reply thinking i was going to say that i felt awesome and that i was super happy for  my district. 
 
Dont get me wrong i am super Psyched for them they are going to have so many new people to teach this week, and in my District meeting tomorrow i am going to congratulate ever one of them, and i`ll probably even bring in Cookies or something to Celebrate a little bit, but we can do better, and tomorrow they are going find that our too. But with Love hahaha
 
But after i talked to the leaders i decided to add up all the numbers of the references we received in the past month. And just so you know every companion has received at least one reference every week, most of them more that 1. And the number of references Received and Contacted for the entire last month was 8 times less than what we received and contacted in this last week alone. And here i am preparing a meeting to get them to realize, that even though they are Incredible missionaries, and are Honestly Working a ton of Miracles in their Areas, that they can be better. I have a lot of expectacions for my missionaries hahaha
 
Ok Earlier i mentioned about how i was impressed with all of their numbers. And from what my missionaries told me (just so you know i am doing to same things that i am telling my missionaries to do, and i am seeing the same miracles that the are telling me that they are seeing) my missionaries told me that as soon as they started asking references from every one that the members that they asked got really excited to start to leave with them to teach, and so not only did we have a ton of references, the members left with everyone alot more than normal as well, so we started to teach more than twice as much as we had last week with members, and so they have been finding a ton of new people to teach, and when they are not leaving with the members have a big focus on finding even more people teaching them, and asking them for more references. 
 
And so here we are with more work than we even know what to do with. In my personal area, i have had too many set appointments that it was physically impossible to teach all of them when they wanted us too, and so my companion and i are having to (or forced to, you could say) to leave on splits for the entire day so that we could teach all the people that we needed to. That was actually kind of hard because members dont have time to go around with the missionaries all day long, but that is a story for a different day haha. 
 
Sadly i personally have only had the time to contact half of the references we received, and so i need to pick up my game, and get around to contacting the references that i still have, and thats really saying something because i have a ton left haha.
 
The favorite reference that i received, i went to teach her with a member, and i invited her to get baptized on the 28th of March, (in three weeks, because i have another investigator who turn 18 on the 18th, and wanted to get baptized on her birthday. And so i thought i would just save time and invite her to get baptized the same day as the other girl) and she said to me ``No the 28th is too soon. I want to get baptized in April, when is the next baptism serving you are preparing?´´ And i said ``The next one we have in April 11th´´ And before i had time to finish invited her to be baptized on that day she cut me off and said, Yes thats perfect, i will bet baptized on the 11th´´ And so then i reassured her that we were going to keep teaching her to help her feel ready  to get baptized when that day comes by. But she already seemed pretty set on her decision haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment