Monday, June 16, 2014

Closing our sector

So this week was super awesome but kind of really sad too.

Starting off. This was the last week of my mission President, John Rappleye. And he has really been like a dad to me. I can hardly explain how much he has helped me while i was here in Chile. I know for sure that he was a man inspired by God called to help me in this work, because looking back at some of the challenges that i had in my mission, there would have been no way that i would have been able to get through them without his help. He even sent me a letter telling me about how happy he was to see how much i have progressed and changed as i was here in the mission. Im gonna miss him. But i am excited to get to meet my next mission president.
 
 The other sad thing about this week was a little phone call i got. This week we were supposed to get our transfers in. And i was sitting there, and the zone leaders called me (even though they live with me and i could hear them through the wall haha) But they asked me to give the phone to my companion, when they proceeded to tell him that he is getting transferred to Chile. But then they ask him to pass the phone to me, and said ``Elder Crockett, the news for you is....You´re going to Calle-Calee in Valdivia.!´´ And i then gave a little sarcastic chuckle and said ``right, president would totally take both of us out of our sector. Whats actually happening?´´ And they said ``Elder Crockett, were not kidding, there is a lot of missionaries who ended their missions this week, and there is almost none coming in. President had to close 10 different sectors. And since there were 8 missionaries serving in our ward we were one of the first ward that got missionaries taken out´´ And so i accepted it. It was super sad knowing that i had just spent the last 3 months working like crazy, just to get my sector closed.

But knowing our hero, Elder Crockett, i did not let that stop the work here. thankfully this past sunday, one of the missionaries that lives in my house got super sick, and i was asked to stay home with him, so that my companion and his companion could go to church and see which of our investigators came to church. So as soon as our companion left, i went to my desk, and made a list of every single progressing family that i was teaching, with their address, phone number, hours of availability, and a ton of other super important information, and i put them all together on a couple of pieces of paper (because even though all of the information that i was writing in there can be found in the area book, i know how lazy some people are, so i figured that if that had it all just handed to them on a golden plate, that they would be alot more willing to visit my investigators (the mission just combined my old sector with the sector of the Elders that i live with)

Then after church i switched with my companion, and i started showing elder Bate, around my sector and introducing him to alot of the families that he is going to be teaching.

I am sad about having my sector shut down, but at least i know that i did absolutely everything possible to get the work of the Lord rolling there. And then made it even easier for the missionaries that are going to follow so that they can keep it rolling.

Welp i got to go love you all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment