Monday, June 23, 2014

whitewash, the sequel‏

oh my gosh. i have so much to tell to you guys today

so  i got transferred right. I am in vadivia now ,calle calle, and so i get here to my new sector, and  meet my new companion, and he is freaking Legit, his name in elder A, and he is from El Salvador, he is a pretty new missionary, but man he is awesome. but so our first day together, i am his to take me around to meet the bishop, and other ward leaders, and he tells, ``Well, i would, but i just got here a couple of days ago so i dont actually know anyone yet´´ And he tells me that, how just a couple of days earlier he got a call from the mission president and was getting transferred there. and he arrived just a couple of days before i did. and he told me the story of what president told him of why there was the whitewash. one of the missionaries that was here before me, had fallen in love with a girl that lives in our sector, and when president found out about it, he took both of the missionaries out as soon as he could, first sending in Elder A, and then a couple of days latter me.

But anyways the next day i call of the missionaries that i am in charge of to get to know them, and right now i am in charge of 6 Elders. and i remember my initial thought was ``Legit! i dont have to worry about sister missionaries! SCORE!!!!!´´ (just so you know i totally love sister missionaries, but i was excited to get a break from them, because sometimes they arent that fun haha) But that first day i am calling my missionaries, and one of them (who was actually one of my complainants before) said ``Oh elder crockett, you called, at a perfect time. I was just fighting with my companion about....´´ and my first though was ``What the heck Elders, you have been together for one day, and your already fighting, this is going to be a super long transfer for you guys.´´ But i actually wasnt too surprised that they were fighting, because i was companions with the guy hahahahaha. And so i helped them resolve their fight,and then talked to my other missionaries, who are just awesome. but i remember there was at one point this week when i thought. ``oh my gosh, i miss working with the sisters!´´ Because looking back sister missionaries would call me all the time, pretty much about every problem they had, but there were all small problems, the elders only call me when there is something big. but i am still really excited to get to work with all of my missionaries. 

But me with so much experience getting white washed, having it already happen to me before, and having brought back to life so many dead sectors before (dont worry i got humbled pretty quick) decided that i was going to just study the area book like i  did last time i got whitewashed, to start finding a lead of who to teach. and so i open up to book. And realize that it is EMPTY. there was only 2 teaching records in the book, and not one single progress record, and so my first thought was ``What the heck happened to all of the teaching records that should be here´´ but decided that i was going to contact the two people that were in there, so i can try to help them get baptized, and so i called them to find out that one of them was baptized a couple of months ago, its just no one took the time to take him out of the Progressing investigators section of the book! 

so having the whole area book idea thrown out of the air, i tried another idea that worked really well for me earlier on in my mission. and long story short, that falls through on me too.

Well i realized after a couple of days, that i was not doing the work the way that i should have been. So i knelt down to pray to ask for help to get the guidance we needed to get to work here. 

Then sunday comes along, and i do not get a warm reception from the ward at first, i had the ward mission leader, and the bishop yell at me for something stupid that the missionaries before me did, but they were already gone so they took the heat out on me, seeing on how it was naturally my fault haha

But they still gave me an opportunity to speak on sunday, which is were the story gets good. I go and introduce myself to the little ward. And i talk to them about the importance of praying for the missionaries, and sharing the gospel with their friends. 

I cant remember much of what i said, but i remember that i felt good after wards.

immediately after sacrament meeting i guess the members noticed that i was there to work, and so they gave me a couple of references. Later in the priesthood meeting, i ask for a little bit of time to talk to the members, and they give me the time, but first gave time to my ward mission leader, who then proceeded to grill me and my companion again, just this time in front of everyone, and he then said that is all that we need to share. and he then sat down, and they were about to start the class, but then i say  Actually that isnt all we have to say. i then say to the members ``Look, we cant do this without you guys. I am brand new here, my companion is brand new here, we dont know anyone, or even how to get around the city. We really need your help.´´ i then passed out a notebook which i prepared that gave a space for members to write their name, address, phone number, and days available. And asked them to write in it. and then after talking to them for a couple of more mins i sit down. 

they were then silent for a min, and one members says ``You know what, i think we should organize when we can leave with the Elders.´´ and everyone agreed. and set up appointments with us to go leave with us to teach.

After church, a couple of members came up to us asking us to come over to their houses to teach people (family, friends) who werent members

We then received a bunch of more references.

that same day members started to leave with us. and even though we had a really hard start here. its starting to look better.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment