Monday, June 9, 2014

Watermelon Seeds

So random fact, i havent read any of your emails yet, because i opened up my email today to discover a bunch of emails from different sister missionaries all writing me telling me that they heard i got dear johned and wanted to send me their support. I was honestly super grateful, and thought it was awesome. But in between reading them, responding, and on top of my normal missionary stuff that i have to do before i write you it used up like half of my internet time. So i just copied and pasted all of the family emails i got, and will read them when i get home today, so sorry if you had any questions i can respond them next week if there are any. But just in case i am assuming you want to know about the blood thing. I still havent taken the test, and i doubt i will for like another month, but its cool because i doubt that i have any problem.
This last week was really awesome. In my district meeting this week i taught all of my mission about contacts, and how if we talk to more people in the streets. We are going to find more people to teach. And then i told them about a ton of different things that they can do to do contacts to make it fun so that they will be more excited to do it. And i wanted to tell some of them to you

One of the things i told them was ``Turn contacting people into a game´´ And then told them with one of my companion something that we would do everyday is, I would choose a word, any word that has nothing to do with the gospel, and to use it in a contact. And then after your comp does it, he would then choose a word for you, and then you would have to use it

To help you guys understand more i will give you some of the word my comp and i used this week.``Pink Monkey. Watermelon seeds. Boston Red Socks. Brittney Spears. Honda´´ And there was many ideas. 

I do want to tell you the watermelon seed story though because that one is freaking hilarious.

We were walking down the street, and i see a man that looked pretty annoyed, and just to be funny i turn to my companion, and say ``Watermelon Seeds.´´ As we approach the man he says ``Hey sir. I have a question for you´´ the man looked kind of busy and annoyed but stopped to hear the question. And my companion said ``My companion was just saying that my freckles, look like watermelon seeds. What do you thing?´´ The man just looked at him like an idiot and said ``are you kidding me?´´ I then jump in to the rescue and point at his freckles and say ``Just look at those things! They are Gigantic! They look like watermelon seeds!´´ The man then said ``let me see´´ he then comes up to my companion and starts staring at his arm and said ``Your right kid, these are huge´´ And then i turn to my companion and say ``TOLD YOU!´´ And the man just starts cracking up. And i cant remember how but somehow we transitioned that into teaching him the plan of salvation. 

Shoot i am pretty much out of time. I will write you more next week. Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment