Monday, September 15, 2014

Remembering

So Truman in response to wanting to hear about experiences when i started my mission, i wanted to tell you about one. It was on the day that i left the MTC, i was super stressed out, i was completely terrified by the idea that i was actually going down to South America. And the plane ride was actually a pretty restless painful journey for me because i just had no idea what to expect, and i honestly didnt think that i would be able to handle what i imagined was going to happen to me when i finally started. 
 
So after a 15 hour flight, i was transferred planes in Santiago, one a plane that was heading down to Osorno, and i was terrified still because there was no turning back, but i forced myself forward and got onto the next plane. And i remember that i just felt sick. I wasnt really happy at all. But i remember we were flying in the air when i hear the pilot say that we were approaching the city of Osorno, and i decided that i wanted to look outside and see the city that i was going to be working in. And as i saw the rolling green hills, and the rivers and everything, i was overcome by an incredible feeling of peace. One that i will never forget, and i had a scripture come to my mind, that is in the book of Mormon, and its Ammon speaking to the King Lamoni, when he tells him that he was planning on staying there for a while, even until he died if it were necessary, and it was though i heard a voice telling me ``This is where i need you to be`` (Man its getting hard to write i am totally tearing up a ton here, i swear if my comp says anything about it i am going to beat him up hahaha) But i felt at complete peace, in fact i remember an exact phrase that i wrote down in my journal, i wrote down ``I felt at peace for the first time in i dont know how many years`` And i knew without one single doubt that i was exactly where God needed me to be. 
 
That one moment pushed me through some of the hardest trials ive ever been through in my life, because i knew that it was what God wanted for me. thinking about it, i think i may have had one spiritual experience that i would put on a higher pedestal that that moment, its one that i will have to tell you about one day, that other one is one that i have literally never told to anyone ever. 
 
But dude i am so excited for you, you are going to have so many incredible experiences, serving a mission has really  changed my life alot, and even though its been hard, really hard, i would never change the experiences that i have had here for anything in the world. I really see my mission is what changed me from just some other kid, to a true disciple of Jesus Christ (dang it im tearing up again haha)

So this week, was both super super awesome for me and my comp, and actually super super stressful. We just had transfers this past week (Im still with Elder Parsons HURRAY!!!! (seriously my favorite comp ive had.) But we had a little problem, A lot of the missionaries in my zone instantly decided to start being disobedient, and my comp and i are just catching on to it right now, so this week me and him are going to hold a special zone meeting where we are going to get them all together, and tell them that what they are doing is not ok and we are going to put them straight, and then just to reinforce what we are going to tell them, my companion and i are planning on doing a bunch of intercambios (sorry i still dont know that word in english) just so we can have a ton of one on one time with the missionaries, and try to personally help them out. 
 
On top of that this week we are having the Area Seventy fly down here for another conference that he is having with the stake down here, but they did not organize their plans on coming down here very well at all (im not blaming the 70 im sure its his secretarys fault haha) But because of how little notice weve gotten and how little information we have on it (and that fact that it is on a national holiday and all the missionaries in my zone were really excited to waist all day at BBQs) and they have started murmuring alot,  And when we heard those remarks come from my missionaries i was filled with righteous rage. i just wanted to rip off my shirt and make a title of liberty and march through my zone, they are so lucky that i love them .... But this meeting that i am having this week when i am going to call them out on their disobedience we also have a alot to say about how wrong they are about the mission presidente and the 70. I never like having to call missionaries to repentance, but they need it. bad.

In fact the only missionaries that i am not having problems with are my sister missionaries.  ive always loved getting to work with sister missionaries they are just little angles. Im kind of tempted to just not invite them to my call to repentance meeting, but seeing on how they arent doing really anything wrong it will really just be another meeting for them. And really im not having problems with all of my missionaries either in fact really only half of them are causing a bunch of trouble.

And on the bright side the work is doing super well in my sector i love working there so much, my investigators are so awesome, i love them so much, and the members are helping us out a ton, i honestly hope that i get to be here in Punta Arenas until i finish my mission.

Shoot im out of time. Welp i love you all i will tell you how everything turns out! You will all be in my prays about the floods
    

No comments:

Post a Comment