Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sad, then Awesome

ok quotes of the week

``Hey Elders am i going to have to bring my holy water or anything like that the fight against the evil spirits?``(the member than walks away laughing to himself and go looks for his scriptures) I then turn to my companion and whisper in English ``Hey Elder i dont remember you telling him that we actually got called to go cast out evil spirits out of someones home`` ``Elder I didnt tell him that `` ``Should i tell him that we are literally going to go up against a couple of evil spirits right now  so that he doesnt freak out as much when we get there`` ``Naaa he`ll find out when we get there``

So this week was a pretty crazy one for me and my comp, but it was pretty sad too, we had one investigator who was going to have a baptismal interview, but then never showed up, and so after we went to go talk to him, and it turn out that he was just scared to get baptized, and we had a really good lesson with im too, and now he is exited to get baptized again, and has a new baptismal date.

But we did have an awesome moment in church where one of our investigators turned to me while we were at church, i was sitting with im, and he said to me 
``Hey do i have to be mormon in order to bear my testimony`` 
And i told him ``no you dont``
``does that mean i can go up right now and talk``
``Sure can,go for it``

So he stand us and bears this super awesome testimony, and in it says ``I just want you to all know that over the past couple of years i have been looking around alot at different religions(and then talked about all of the churches he has gone to in the last couple of years) and the mormons are freaking cool! (everyone laughed a little bit at that) But for real, i have been to hundreds of different churches and this one is the best one out of all of them, i would say its the true one, but i only met the missionaries like 2 weeks ago, and right now i have only read up to 2nd Nephi in the book of Mormon, and yes i did pray about it, and yes i believe that God answered my prayer, i still think that i need to learn more before i get baptized. And sense i am preparing to get baptized in a couple of weeks, i guess that give me about 3 weeks to read the book of mormon all the way through. ill keep you posted how that goes. That is all (and then walks down like a boss) 

Shoot i want to tell you more, but i have to bounce. but i love you all!

Preachin' the Word!


Wit wins.


Ok....somebody that's recently come home from a mission tell me (Jenn) what this envelope contains.  I'm guessing by the Moroni it's an official notice.....I'm guessing going home by the look on his face.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment