Monday, September 22, 2014

Seventy Visit

(Elder P) ``You know its kind of funny every time i start wondering if i really want to be a doctor or not after the mission, i have an experience like that which reminds me why i want to be a doctor´´
```Really??? That experience just reminded me why i DONT want to be a doc. I dont think i have ever seen so much blood in my life and quiet frankly i think it was a miracle that i didnt pass out or throw up or something. Experiences like that just reminds me why i want to be a dentist, because i get to help people but with a whole lot less blood involved´´

It was an interesting P day today, one of my missionaries took a nasty spill and busted his head open, and wow heads bleed alot. But all is well, we took care of him and then got him off to the hospital, but he will be fine, hes just got a minor concussion and is going to need a bunch of stitches, but all is well in Zion.

So this week was a super awesome one for me. I mentioned it last week, but we had a Seventy fly down here for a conference. And wow is was amazing. I got to spend pretty much the whole day with him, because first he wanted to meet up with all of the missionaries for a couple of hours, and then he wanted to meet up with the leaders of the missionaries (me and my comp) for a couple of hours, and then we had a conference with all of the members in the stake, for a couple of hours as well. 
 
But i was just fascinated with being with him for so long. I learned so much. But there was one thing that i really loved, just while i was talking with him, he would just be talking, and then quote a scripture from memory that has to do with what he was teaching me, and then would keep going. But it was just amazing. and that really inspired me. And so the very next morning, in my personal study i started to memorize scripture, and its super awesome. 
 
What i did is a did a self analysis of my teaching abilities with each point of the missionary lessons, and then picked out my weakest point, and then i would search through the scriptures to find a scripture that i could use to better teach that point, and then i memorized it. and man it has been helping me alot in teaching, because even when i dont cite the scripture word for word when i teach, i am using the exact words and phrases that show up in the scriptures to teach, and that is helping alot, i have seen some awesome changes in some of my investigators when i do that. I feel like it just gives me more power when i teach because i am literally using the same words that Christ inspired prophets to write down. 
 
And now its kind of funny in my down time i will take the scriptures that i have memorized and i will chain them together and create a super scripture. Its so cool i love it alot. and it doest even take that long to memorize scriptures, i got some down in just a couple of mins, the one that i memorized today took me about an hour, but it is kind of a huge one, (its Alma 7 :11-13) i was talking to my mission president about how i am doing that in an interview i had with him the other day, and i expressed to him that i really wanted to be able to teach like the Seventy that taught us, but i am sure that if i can keep up memorizing scriptures like this every day until  die im sure that i will be able too hahaha.

So this week there was a baptismal service that i took an investigator to (i think i talked about her, its the one who came to church all by herself, and she has been progressing a ton since then) But after the baptism service she told me. ``this was really good for me to see, before today i knew that i wanted to get baptized, but now i am sure about it. I cant wait until i can be baptized!´´ It was so cool She is super awesome actually, the other day ( a couple of days ago) she called us and Said ``Elders I have news For you!!! I Prayed about the Book of Mormon... And I Got an Answer!!!!!!!´´ And then she hung up on us.....Jerk.... hahaha 

This week was also the Chilean Independence day week, and so we couldnt really work alot, because the streets where just full of drunks, and was not too safe to be outside, so we could only work with Confirmed appointments, or visit members. Or ward Activities. It didnt effect me and my comp too much because one of the days we were with the Seventy and the mission Presidente all day, the next day we had interviews with the mission presidente so we were with him a long time too because we talked about all of the missionaries in my zone and what he wants us to do with them, and then the next day there was the baptism. So i actually was lucky enough to be busy like every second of the day but not have to spend too much time out on the streets. 
 
But oh i just remembered something this is a secret that the seventy told me (not any of my missionaries know yet wahaha and i cant tell you much details, but he told me about how very soon (he told me when but i cant tell you) him and one of the apostles are flying down here again to have another big conference with all of the mission (he told me which apostle too) i am super excited about that. i want so bad to tell my missionaries about us but he made me promise not to tell any of the missionaries. But you guys arent missionaries so its fine, and i dint give you any details so its also fine.

But mom thats funny that you are just telling people that i am just planning to just show up at home without telling anybody, because me and my comp where literally talking about doing that just the other day hahaha (he is also going home in a little bit, before me) But we were joking around about being even meaner about it that what you said. We were talking about telling you a day that we were going to come home, but really just giving you a fake day that is a day or two after we will already be home, so that everyone would be getting excited to get to the airport to meet us and what not, and then they would realize that there is a bunch of suitcases on the couch and not know where they came from...hahahaha and then you would eventually discover us just like taking a nap somewhere. hahahahahaha We`ll have to see what happens Wahaha. 

Haha the real reason that i havent told you what the day on that letter says (in fact i took a picture of everything the letter said, and thought about sending it to you, but i just decided against it.) But anyways the reason i havent told you when is i am still talking to my mission presidente about it, because i want to stay here in Chile the absolute most time possible before college starts.But as soon as i have a more concrete date than the one i already have i will let you know.

Welps i love you all keep me posted with how you are all doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment