Thursday, March 7, 2013

Last Days in the MTC

I've had them for more than a week now but i am going to officially announce that i have my flight plans, and i will be leaving the MTC on Monday Mar 11 at 4 am. I am going to Los angeles first though. And i will arive there at 8:15 am. I'm not sure if that is California or Utah time though, and my lay over there will be until 1:30 PM that same day. I will be able to call you then. 
 
So when i first got my travel plans i was super happy! I finally get to leave the MTC and get to Chile, but then i saw something on the front page that freaked me out a little bit, and i noticed that my travel plans had more paper in them then everyone elses. And that is because i have been assigned to be the Travel Leader. So i was put in charge of 10 missionaries, and it's my responcibility to get them from Salt Lake to Chile. There is 4 different Airports that i have to get them all from, and i need to make sure we are exactly on time or early to everything in order to get us there safely, and i also have to make sure that everyone also has time to talk to their families, and do whatever else they have to do. Thankfully i only have to temporarilly assign a couple of companionships because alot of the companionships were broken up when the church was buying the tickets, but that will be fine. I'm super excited now though, and i can not wait until i get to leave the MTC and finally get to Chile. OH by the way, please send me a dear elder when you get this so i know that you read this so i have less to stress about hahaha
 
Ok onto my story time for this week. My entire time here in the MTC i loved that there are a ton of sister missionaries here, there are litterally as much sisters as there are elders. But i had a super hard time looking at them as sister missionaries, beacuse a couple of sister missionaries that i see all the time were not acting like sister missionaries. And i constantly had to work hard to get away from sister missionaries who i think may have come here to find celestial companions, and me and my companions just happened to be the ones that they were focused on. Pretty much every hour of the day. 
 
And alot of the missionaries in my zone would come to me for advice on what to do, because everyone else could see that these Hermanas where hunting after me, but i was always able to avoid getting caught in there traps. So many missionaries came to me for help because some of them where caught in similar situations and wanted my help. And so i would spend a lot of time helping elders. Which game me a negative look toward sister missionaries, because even though alot of the times it wasn't completely their fault, they still warm up to the elders making it hard. 
 
So i was just looking at most of them as baby hungry women who figured that they could catch a man while he was off the market, when I talked with the MTC presidents wife. And she told me incredible things. I can not even remember most of them, but they really turned around my point of view of all sister missionaries. 
 
And so i was starting to turn around my perspective when a new district came in. And half of the new district as sisters. And because I am in the oldest district, it's kind of my responsibility to take them under my arm and make them feel welcome. And  OH MY GOODNESS! i LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! (As a missionary) the sisters in that district has an incredible light around them! And you can litterally feel their testimonies when they walk in the room. It does not even make sense. But meeting them totally threw me into the path of seeing them as representatives of Jesus Christ. 
 
And even though i still can't look at some sisters in my district as missionaries (sad i know) i can look at almost every single on of them as missionaries. If there are any women who read my blog please serve a mission, you have no idea how much light you carry, when you are carrying the name of Christ. You can carry such an amazing spirit with you, it is incredible. I want so badly to see even more sister missionaries to come into the field, because it's so easy to see that you will be able to do so much good, and bring so much more of the spirit of God than i ever could. This is God's work. And he needs us.

2 comments:

  1. It was the sister missionary's after 12 years of having missionary's in our home that finaly converted Art. Yes, they do have some thing about them that is different from Elders. But guess what???? you are still awesome.
    Colleen Castillo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that comment Colleen! Hah!
    Miya

    ReplyDelete