Monday, March 25, 2013

Semana Dos‏

8:06 AM
So in an attempt to get more people to read my blog i want to start giving small pieces of an incredible story i have from this week. And just tell more of it in each successive week. Here is the first installment of this new story

As I was sitting in the police office talking to an officer he was asking me questions like What where you doing in the town Centro? I was telling him the truth, but i don´t know how much of it he believed. So he pulls out his phone, and calls someone. A moment later another officer walks into the room with a revolver. And in broken English asks me. What were you doing today? And so i told him I was in the Centro teaching people about how they can have a happier family. I then said i was using these pamphlets (3 ways to have a happier family, and the restoration) He takes the one about the restoration. And asks me what this is. I then told him, i would love to tell you about it, but it´s probably best if you find out for yourself. I have a teaching appointment in a couple if mins. Can i go teach a family about Jesus Christ, and then come back to the police station after i do, and then we can finish this conversation. The officers we´re taken off guard by my request and said sure. I then asked them to keep my pamphlet, and to read it so they would have a better idea of what we will be talking about. I then left the police station and headed to my next appointment...

I have learned so much this week, it´s incredible. Before i tell another story i want to talk about something. I just recived news that there will be Sister missionaries put in Paillaco with me, and they are going to be living in the house i am currently living in. So I needed to buy a get a new house, but that´s a story for another time. But the news of the sister missionaries got me and my companion talking about the age change that was made 6 months ago.

And after talking for more than an hour about it, we both believe that this change was made for bigger purposes than just missionary work. Here in Paillaco we see a lot. And we can see that world is getting worse and worse. And God needs families to be strong in gospel principles, because Satan is trying to destroy the family. And i truely believe that one of the reasons that this age was changed was so that there would be more women serving missions so that they would have stronger roots in the gospel. So when the storms come we will be able to withstand them. And i really wanted to share that. Anyway back to story time

One day Elder Larsen and I were walking on the edge of the town, and i was overlooking how incredible gorgeous all the hills and forests and all of southern Chile is. And i was just taken away by all the beauty. And as we are walking i start telling Elder Larsen that i really wish that when i leave Paillaco i get assigned to a place where I can enjoy the beauty of this country. I don´t want to be in the of the cities, i want to be in an area where i can see nature. And i am starting to say something else super awesome about the campo, when a giant dog jumps out from under a truck not too far away and is coming straight for me, and it jump up at my neck and tries to kill me. So i jump back avoiding death. When it lunges at me again. And i wasn´t fast enough to react. It´s jumps at my neck again, and it is within inches of killing me, when i hear a chain, and the dog stops mid jump right next to me. And I can see that it was chained to something under the truck, and it was mad. And so i take a couple steps back to see. And the dog is trying to rip the chain out of the ground to get to us. And i´m pretty sure it almost did, but Elder Larsen and i just hurried away to our next appointment.


Which brings me to my next story. I was literally brought to tears by one of the men that was baptized just before i arrived in Paillaco. He´s an old man. Living all alone, in an old house, that looks like it´s falling apart. He has almost nothing in the world as far as i know. And I go knock on his door. And i he comes and answers, and is super happy to see us. He gives us both a hug and invites us in. And we in his house there was a table. And on the table there was an Open copy of El Libro de Mormón y Principios del Evangelio (sunday school manual) And he tells us that he was just studying to be ready so when church comes on Sunday he will be ready to learn everything that God needs him to. And then we sat down with him, and helped him study, and we taught him about prophets, and how we have a living Profeta today and that we are having the opportunity to hear from him in a couple of days. And he didn´t know that there was still a living prophet.

He knew about José Smith but didn´t know that there was still a prophet today. And we shared our testimonies with him that there is a prophet today that talks to God. And we shared just a couple more things with him. Sorry i just really i got off topic, i was telling you why i cried because of this man.

I dont think i have ever seen someone more humble and loving, and so grateful to God for everything he has, and willing to do everything that he can to be close to Him, and to learn the things that God needs him to learn, and to feel his comfort. And here I am having everything i need. Everything i want. And i don´t think i am half as grateful to God for my blessing, as i can be. God has giving me alot. I have a family at home that Loves me. I´ve have friends that have changed my life. I have the opportunity to teach about Christ everyday, and feel how He loves each of us, and be able see His love for the people i am helping right now. I may literally not have a Peso to my name. And i am literally living off the hospitality of one member right now, because i don´t get money until the beginning of the month so i can buy food until then. But i really do have everything that i need.
Love you all Talk to you next week

1 comment:

  1. Your stories are so heart warming and they reaffirm the constant need for gratitude in our lives.I think we all overlook the many blessings that we are surrounded by each day. Thank you for the reminder! :) Love ya! Aunt JJ

    ReplyDelete