Monday, March 18, 2013

Mi primera semana‏

So in case you didn´t get the letter i sent home the first day I am going to tell you everything. When i landed in Peru i was starting to get scared about going to Chile. And i made friends with a couple of people on the airplane, which made it better, but i realized that i do not speak Chilean spanish. At all. So i when i was told that we were flying over chile i started getting really nervous and had no idea what the heck i was still doing there. And i spent a couple of hours kind of stressed out, and so i tried sleeping as much as i could, and i slept most of the way from Peru to Santiago.

And when i was in the airport in Santiago i was terrified. Because not only was i leading a group of missionaries through a forgign country. I was leading them through a country where i could not understand anyone, and alot of our group got soperated so i had to find them and get them back together so we can get to another airplane to take us to Osorno. Long story short i get them to the plane and everything is alright, but i am more stressed than ever. So when i get on the airplane and fall asleep imediately. I wake up to the pilot saying that we where going to land in 30 mins.

So i am super scared, and decide that i should probably just look out the window until i get there. And as soon as i look out i am immediately overcome by peace. And i could feel how important it was for me to be in Chile right now. And i knew that this is where i belong. In the airplane i was the only person who was sitting in the first row, and everyone else was like 30 rows behind me, so thankfully none of them could see me stressed or how much i changed when i saw Osorno. All my life i´ve always put on a face of me being stronger than i am infrot of people. And i wasn´t about to let that change. So i was super grateful for that (p.s. no one knew i was stressed out in the airport so i´m still good)

i was the first person the meet the mission president and the AP´s and i love them so much. They are incredible, and i got to spend like 10 mins with them until any of the other missionaries came along. Which i was super grateful for that too. So we all get in a car and drive to the mission home, where we all got interviewed and told where we are assigned to be. And i am have assigned to work in a village called Paillaco with my companion Elder Larsen. And before i tell you about Paillaco i´ll tell you about him. Me and him became friends super quick. But i don´t think i have ever met somebody who has a personally as close to mine in my life. I`´m pretty sure he likes hearing the sound of his own voice more than i do. He´ll start singing out at random times, and this morning we sung the entire lesson of the Restoration. Super fun guy. When my mission president told me about him, pretty much one of the only things he said was Í´m praying you don´t let his weirdness rub off on you. Well guess what president too bad, because it´s like he´s been living with my family my entire life, because he´s just as much as a freak as the rest of us.

But anyways back to Paillaco It is like i´m living in a world like 100 years ago. I have to get up in the morning and chop firewood for us, and a member in the branch. And i am living in pretty much a shack at the edge of town. When i first saw my house my first though was Wow i don´t think i´ve ever seen someone living in something this ghetto before. But then i started walking around Paillace and going into homes, and now when i see my house i think Wow i still dont think i´ve ever seen someone living in something so ghetto hahahaha that´s only half true. There are some houses here that are litterally falling apart, but the people are pretty good at taking care of them and making them safe to live in. Oh random side not speaking of safety ¿remember that really nice Medical kit you gave me? Ya i need a new one. It´s gone. I would appreciate it if you sent me a new one. And i think my dog whistle is gone too. But that is ok beacuse i already know a ton of tricks that gets crqazy dogs to run away. Por ejemplo Chilanes are really mean to the counteless stray dogs n the streeet (not an exageration the things are everywhere) and so they throw rocks at them. And so if a dog is barking at me at charging me to i just need to bed over and tough the ground and they´ll think i´m picking up a rock to kill them with, so they run away.

But back to Paillaco my companion and I are the only missionaries here right now, and so i feel super cool every morning. I get up and look in the mirror and my first thought is, I am the only person in this town that has the authority to do Gods work. And that gets me ready for the countless hours of rejection i have until 8 oclock. After Chileans eat dinner they instantly get nicer and then are super receptive to what we have to say. But by that point we only have time to teach like 2 lessons before we have to get home. Shoot i´m pretty much out of time.

 There is literately like a million stories i want to share, but i don´t have time to. So when i get home in a couple years make sure to let me show you my journal because i have a ton of great stories in there. From what i hear it about 2 to 3 weeks to mail to the States so it may take awhile for anyone to get a letter from me. But i am writing to as many of my close friends that i can this first week. But that might only be a couple of people because i need to take a just up to Valdivía  to play soccer with my district. But i promise that there are letting coming for you. (there should already be one coming for you mom) (it doesn´t have have many cool stories in it though, because i wrote it my first day here. My Chile address is the same one that i gave in in that package i sent home. LOVE YOU ALL!



So I googlemapped his new area and this is an aerial shot of his WHOLE city.  Can I just say I love technology!  I'm so excited to follow him from afar on this adventure! ~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment