Monday, April 15, 2013

El Día del cambio de la casa‏

Ok so today has been training for me to come home and be assigned as Elder quorum president right away or get married and have to move into an apartment on the second floor of something hahaha. I knew i was going to be moving today, so yesterday i went to my new house to make sure that everything was ready to move in. And the apartment is legit. I would have no problem living in one just like it when i return to the States. It´s freaking awesome with wood floors and beautiful walls and awesome color scheme in my bedroom. It´s legit.

The problem is though, that the person who was building the house for me did not have the time to buy any appliances. So i call Elder Goodman, one of the couple missionaries, and he is in charge of all the living spaces for missionaries, and i tell him this and i ask what he wants me to do. And he sad ¨Just get a truck, and bring the stove you have now, and your refrigerator, and also bring your beds, and well everything else in your house¨ And so that was fun to hear hahahahaha.

So i call a member in my branch to see if i can use his truck, and he said sure, so i was good there. And then i checked the weather forecast for today and it said it was going to be sunny today, so i was happy. This morning i disconnected everything, and unplugged everything. And discovered that i cant disassemble to beds, or any of the dressers, or cupboards that i needed to bring. So i was just going to carry them haha. I then start taking everything outside when i look up in the sky and say outloud ¨Perfect i was hoping that i would get to move in the middle of a rainstorm. I´m not even going to get into how fun that was. Walking through mud and all that fun stuff while carrying stoves and stuff like that hahaha.

To make a long story short eventually i got everything loaded up into a truck and got to my new apartment, and carried the stove and all that fun stuff up to the second floor where i will be living. The only thing i have to do left with the house is arrange everything so it looks all nice haha. (p.s. when i said I was carring the stove and stuff, it was because i was hahaha my companion was taking the blankets and the microwave. NO exaggeration there. I kind of wanted to kill him a couple times. He did help me with the fridge though)

Anyway this past week has been alot like my other ones, how it was been super unexpected and did not take place in Paillaco hahahaha. LAst week i was getting ready for bed and it was almost 11 oclock  when my phone goes off. And it´s Elder Balbuena my Zone Leader. And he calls me and says ¨hey Elder Crockett can you take a bus up to Laurel tomorrow. And so of coarse i was down to travel to a different part of Chile. And He told me i was going to be with the other Zone Leader Elder Barker (who i learned is also from Mesa Arizona) And so i was super psyched out for that because i was going to get to talk to someone in English. (p.s. i cant really talk to my companion in English or he gets super distracted and there is no hope of getting him to focus the whole rest of the day).

So Laurel is a town on the outskirts of Valdivía and has a beautiful view of a super long Lake. And also has big gorgeous hills in the distance covered in trees alot like Paillace has. I loved it there. And there is really only one story i want to share from my adventures in Laurel. It was at the end of the day. The streets where flooded, at it was raining hard enough with enough wind that i couldn´t use an umbrella or else it would have been blown away. In fact that happened to ELder Barker haha. And there was one investigator that we were talking about in a meeting that i wanted to swing by. Elder Barker wasn´t expecting them to be home because they are almost always gone but we did anyway. And it turn out that they were home and it was incredible.

There was a partial member family. And there was a 17 year old daughter with a boy friend who was 18 years old who didn´t live there but spent more time there then he did at his own home so they saw him as part of the family. And as i was getting to know the boy i was amazed at how similar his situation is (religiously) as mine was a couple of years ago. As he was expressing his beliefs he said some of the EXACT same things i said like 4 maybe 5 years ago (except in Spanish haha) After talking to him for more than an hour he was committed to read the book of Mormón and go to church, and we even set a baptism date for him. I have never seen someone more willing then him to find out the truth (Maybe Elder Barker is just an awesome missionary hahaha) I´ll have to keep up to date with his progress so i can see how he turn out. If he is as much like me and he comes across to be, i am pretty excited for him.

You know here in Chile i have never had to do harder things in my life. I have never felt so alone at times, i have never felt so much pain in my heart, and i´ve never had to work so hard to see such little results. But i don´t know if i´ve ever been this happy in all my life. And random fact for you i have learned to actually smile on command instead of my cheesy fake smile hahaha Love you all. I look forward to hearing from all of you. P.s. I got your package while i was in Laurel Thank you so much!!! Love you P.P.S I attached some photos they may work. I look alot whiter than i actually am. Apparently i tan super good. I even get the opportunity to laugh at myself every morning when i fool in the mirror when i see my awesome missionary neck tan line hahahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment