Monday, April 29, 2013

La semana de sorpresa‏

Elder King Real quick, can you email me Jena´s writing address (not MTC address) the most embarrassing thing happened to me the other day, and i am just used to tell her embarrassing stuff haha. P.s. I have a letter coming for you in the mail. It should be there in about a month.

Mom can you send me the writing address to our grandparents? I want to write them too, Also i would love it if you could send me sheet music (in an actual letter) of legit arrangements of church songs, that are super beautiful on the piano and would push me to learn harder yet still super beautiful songs

Dad so your entire email i totally understand exactly what your talking about hahaha

Ok story time yesterday i was in sacrament meeting and the branch president president was announcing the program for the day, when he said Elder Crockett is going to give us a 10 min talk, and then looked at me and winked. And i thought to myself ¨¨Is that really how he is going to ask me to give a talk this week? He should know i´m already teaching the gospel doctrines class and making a special appearance in the primary to teach them too.¨´

So i go up there and i have no idea was i was going to talk about, but i was one of the main benefactors of the program so i couldn´t just bear my testimony and sit down. But then i realized, oh i´ve always been good at just talking religiously for a while, it will be the exact same as before. So i go up there and i start telling a story from my past lif, which apparently my entire life has been a giant parable because i can take any random part of it and turn it religious haha but i was talking and i got to a point in the story about 4 mins where i was quoting something that someone told me once, when i realized that i actually had to translate what they said to me into spanish. ANd so i paused for a second and apologized and said ´´Sorry, i just realized that no one used to talk to me in spanish before so i need to translate something in my head real quick´´ They all laughed, and then i quoted them and continued on giving my talk. And it turned out great, lots of people came up to me and said they loved in.

But i didn´t really think about what just happened at all until i was about to teach my class, i was talking to one of the new sister missionaries (2 of them are super Gringas, i´ll have to write a letter home about them) (they are incredible thought) But one of them says to me (in english) ´´Elder Crockett, how long did it take you to be understand everything, and be able to speak spanish well´´ and i sat there and thought about it for a second then said ´´I honestly do not know, i just woke up this morning and was fluent hahaha´´ Which is straight up falso, just so you all know i can not understand everyone, i can say everything that i want to, and can think in spanish without any problem, or effort. But Chileans talk so fast hahaha. I can understand all of the Latino missionaries though, because a bunch of them are from like México, and Central America, and those countries there speak really slowly and clearly, so it´s super easy to understand them.

But anyways i also taught the Principios del Evangelio class, and did a bunch of stuff in the Primary after that. Which that was super fun, the teacher was so glad i came in when i did. It was super funny/sad her eyes where all red and bloodshot, and she was all like ´´Elder Crockett, thank you so much for coming. I think it would be fantastic if you could get them to learn anything´´ hahaha ANd i had so much fun with them. I helped them work on one of the articles of faith, and he talked about the Joseph Smith story. And it was great. And the primary lady said that she would just love it if i could come back and help more often, but to be completely honest i´ll probably end up teaching in priesthood soon enough too hahaha. It´s just like i´m a part of the quorum anyway.

I even have a home teaching companion named Hermano Benjamin. I´ve talked about him before. He was the humble old man that i talked about once who didn´t know there was a living profeta today. Great guy he is probably one of the most faithful members i have ever met. But the more time i spend home teaching with him the more i realize that the missionaries should have taught him so much more than they did when they baptized him haha Well i need to go now. But i love you all! keep me posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment