Monday, April 8, 2013

La Semana Super Seco HAHAHHAHAHAHA Falso fue super mojado‏

(The super dry week HAHAHAHA false, was super wet) for those gringos like me that have no idea what that said.

Susie! I was riding a bus to a small village up here in Chile when i heard on the radio one of the songs in spanish that you and me would listen to and sing all the time! It made me so happy!!!! I could not stop talking about you to the other missionaries and the people sitting on the bus with me! And i was gong to tell you this even before i knew that you heard a song on the radio that we  would sing all the time!

Jocee I love hearing from you! Did you get that letter i sent you yet? I sent you a letter to your address at BYU I and i´m praying that it gets to you before you leave. I sent it my first P day so it´s been about a month so it should be getting to you any time now if it hasn´t yet. P.s. can i have you home address too so i can still write you when your not at school?

Elder Kind. I have not punched someone in the face my entire time here in Chile. And this needs to change hahahaha Just kidding. Send me your Address in Texas so i can start writing you. I have a ton of freaking crazy stuff i want to tell you! Love you brother. You better not die there in Texas, or i am going to kill you hahahahaha

Mom so turns out i´m not allowed to use that website you sent me but i just borrowed a SD thing from a member in the Branch so i can slowly start uploading my pictures.

Ok on to my adventures from this week. SO this week has been the greatest week of my mission so far. And that was before i watched general Conference. So the week started with me deciding that there was a lot of Changes that needed to happen in Paillaco in order for the work to start moving faster. I´ve refrained from saying this in any of my past emails but it has to do with my story this week so i will tell you.

Before i was sent to Paillaco there was a bunch of Dead Missionaries who really hurt the work here. And When i arrived everyone was either leaving the Church, or had become eternal investigators, so they were at the point where they loved meeting with the missionaries but would refuse to let the missionaries teach them anything, just because they were used to the missionaries only being their friend, and not expecting them to take any real steps of progress. And my companion was telling me that he thinks the president sent me here to Paillaco because my greeny fire could possibly save this town.

So with that background info i decided that it was time to visit all of our eternal investigators and i was going to decide which of them we are going to keep meeting with, and which we are going to drop. And this has been something i have been doing pretty much sense i´ve arrived in Paillaco. Dropping investigators, and re activating members. So after weeks of work i got to the point where i had made a decision on all of the people that the missionaries before me were meeting with except for one. And before i went to visit him i was reviewing his teaching records to see that he has been taught for months and months without ever doing anything to change that. And so naturally my first thought was to drop him, and that was the mind set i had going over to his home. And when i met him I felt the spirit super strong I at this point i didn´t know why yet

 Well i got to know him and he told me  a story of how he was in a motorcycle accident and it put him in a coma for more than a year, and he was telling me this long miraculous story of his motorcycle accident and his recovery. And I was amazed to how similar it was of my motorcycle accident that i was in a couple of years back. And after I got to know him, i don´t think i have ever felt the spirit so strong in my life telling me that i need to help this man, and that i may be the only person who can.

So to make a long story short I have decided that i am going to continue visiting him and i will continue to do so until he starts progressing. Well after i left his home my companion and i were walking home when my phone starts ringing. And It was my district leader. And he said That it was super last minute but it was really important that the first thing in the morning that i come get on a bus to Futrono in the morning to do an inter cambio with him. So we go home and i pack my bags. And the next morning i get on a bus to Futrono.

Now before i continue with my story I want to tell you that Every Single Day I am amazed at how beautiful Chile is. It´s literally humbling how beautiful this country is. But when i have never seen a place as beautiful in my Entire life than Futrono. It has huge green rolling hills thorough out the entire City. Giant Snow peaked mountains surrounding one side of the city, and a huge gorgeous lake surrounding the city on the Other side. It is literally everything i pictured Chile would be like It is incredibly beautiful!

But back to my story i go to the house of my district leader where i leave all my bags that i packed and i get to work with Elder Rojas my District Leader. So when i arrive it is starting to sprinkle lightly. Not enough rain to really worry me though. But I feel like i need to get my water proof stuff out f my bag. and wear it. So i do. And i looked like a fool to all the chileans there haha But When i start teaching my first family there in Futrono i hear the rain start to pick up. And after an hour of teaching it´s time to leave because we need to go to another family. And i get out into the street to discover that it rained so much in that last hour that there was literally water up past my ankles. And it was so cold. So cold.

It was super windy too to make it worse. And Our next appointment was a couple of miles away. So for about a half hour I walked through Futrono with water past my ankles, with wind stronger than i have ever experienced in my life. Even with me wearing my water proof clothing I was super wet, and super cold.. It was probably the most miserable circumstances i have yet to encounter in my life. I cant even get over how cold it was (side note; that night i woke up to discover that some of my clothing was literally frozen. Just so you know haha) But when i finally reached the house of the member i was so grateful for the experience i had there.

His grand child just died at the age 18 years old. And i shared the plan of salvation with him and familyshearch.org and  the miracles that come from it (because they really do) And how he could do the ordinances for her so when she is on the other side she can have the chance to accept those ordinances. And it was just a super heart warming experience.

Well due to lack of time i am going to skip forward in my story a couple of days. I return to Paillaco with my companion Elder Larsen, and he was driving me Crazy. And the entire couple hours back to Paillaco i don´t even want to talk to him.  Well we get to Paillaco and i say a prayer that i will be able to have more patience for him, and be able to come closer to him.  And after i said this prayer he got super sick. Super sick. To the point where he didn´t even want to walk. And i don´t know what happened with me! It´s like a switch turned on that made me care about him hahaha. And i take him home and i go super far out of my way to make sure he is comfortable and warm, and all that fun stuff.

And after he got to bed i spent a couple of hours doing the things i needed to do to make sure all my investigators knew that i wouldn´t be coming by today. And i would share a little message with them over the phone and fun stuff like that. Well it was getting late. And i make this incredible dinner for Elder Larsen that i thought would help him feel better. And then as i was cooking i had the thought ¨Wow  i am really nice to people when they are sick hahaha. And then i had the though. I wonder if my future wife is ever going to use this against me if i am acting like an idiot some day hahaha. Shoot I´m out of time. And there was a ton more i wanted to talk about. I love you all and i love hearing from you! I´ll get more pictures coming! Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment