Monday, September 9, 2013

I love you, but don't let it go to your head.

So the other day my cell phone starts ringing, and its just super early in the morning (not really it was just like 10 am, but still, no one calls me that early normally) And i see that it is my new district leader Elder Virhuiti (i think its spelled like that), and so i think  Shoot, what is going on, something must be wrong, because we never call eachother this early in the morning unless its something super important And so I answer my phone and i hear Hey there good looking And my first though was YES I ALWAYS START TALKING ON THE PHONE LIKE THAT! (Random fact, every time i have to call a gringo that isn a sister missionary i always say something like that!)

And then my next thought was Wait a second Elder Virhuirti is from Venezuela, i dont think he knows how to speak in English So i decide that i am going to test his knowledge. So respond Sup Babe And then he laughs and he just starts talking to me in English. And we just have a super funny conversation in English. And then i we hang up, and my companion Elder Abarca Says to me Why did they call And i tell him, You know what Elder. I have absolutely no idea why he just called me

But its funny me and him are like super awesome friends now i freaking love that kid. I am super excited to get to work with him more. He is coming down to LAgo Ranco this Friday to come work with me, and my companion is going up to Rio Bueno to work with his comp. But it was awesome the other day i was in a meeting with him, and we were talking about goals, and he told me something super funny. He said In my country we have a saying. you have to work like a black man, to live like a white And Everyone just starts Cracking up, and i speak up, and i say Elder That is mildly Racist Then he says THats just how we are in my country. It sounds racist, but it gets the point across And then we had an awesome meeting about goal.

And i took the floor for a while and gave an awesome High Jumping Analogy that one of my coaches told me once back in highschool, about how if you try jumping right about the bar. You are going to hit it, or fall right under it. But the bottom line is, you arent going to make it. But if you aim to jump much high than where the bar is at, and work hard enough to be able to jump that high, even if you never achieve the really high goal, you are still going to be jumping alot higher than any of the people who was aiming right at the bar. Actually that meeting was probably one of my favorite meetings ever, because i am a firm believer in setting super high goals, because then i achieve super high results.

But it was awesome me and him pretty much Tag teamed that entire meeting and just did awesome teaching about goals. And i like to say in worked, i know in lago Ranco we have been getting a ton of work done, and i imagine that in Rio Bueno that are getting even more work done than we are here. So i want to tell you about my zone leaders a little bit too. I love them so much. They are awesome.

One of them looks like Harry Potter, and the other one is a big Tongan. And i am great friends with both of them. But last night Elder Poirier (Harry Potter) calls me at like 10.45 at night. Right before i was going to bed. And Tells me some really bad news about how the missionaries here in Chile Orosno arent allowed to work this Tuesday, or Wednesday. (which stinks, because next week is Chilean Independence week too, and so the missionaries arent allowed to leave for that week either. So i am going to be bored to death in my house for almost two weeks straight. But after i was done talking to Elder Poirier he says Tell Elder Abarca I love you for me And so i just Yell ELDER ABARCA! I LOVE YOU!

And then i hear in the background of the phone Elder Amone (the Tongan) say Hey tell Elder Crockett I love him, but say it in a way that it doesnt get to his head And so i say Hey i heard that Jerk! But i love you too Elder It was super funny. But anyways that it my Email for today, i feel like i wanted to ask you for something, but i cant remember what it was so it must not have been that important. Welp Love you all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment