Monday, September 30, 2013

1st Baptism

So story from Andres´s Baptism this week!!!!

We had the service on the beach of Lago Ranco and it was a BEAUTIFUL DAY! Super Linda! But it was super cold! The night before it snowed on the mountains surrounding Lago Ranco and there was a really strong wind rushing over the mountains that just made it deathly cold outside, which made the lake even colder!

But we started the service in the church where one of the members that i reactivated a while ago game an AWESOME talk on Baptism, and then after the person who was going to give a talk on the Holy Ghost couldnt make it at last min, so i gave one on the holy ghost. 

And then we all walked down to the beach together and sang a Hymn on the beach! It was awesome! I have a video of it, but you are just going to have to wait until i send my SD card home. And there is like a million more fotos of the baptism there too!

But then Andres and I Start walking into the Lake...and it is DEATHLY COLD!!!!! It was terrible! Andres Turned to me while we were walking and said ´´You better not chicken out on me right now´´ And then i replied ´´Hey you watch yourself or im just going to throw you into the water!´´ But we both walk out to where we are waist deep, and we are shivering we are so cold!. 

But then i walk up behind Andres, and i put my arm up to the square, and suddenly its not cold anymore. Not even a little bit! And the really strong winds that were coming over the mountains stopped. And Andres takes a little look at me, because i think he realized that something Changed too .And i felt different. In a way that i dont think i have ever felt before in my life. It wasnt the warm chest feeling of the holy Ghost. It was just an Incredible amount of peace. It was as though my entire body was just filled with peace. I dont think i have ever felt better in my life.
I then baptise him, and that was awesome.

But then when he gets out of the water he isnt cold at all and just had this super Huge Smile on his face! And then as we are walking back to the beach he makes a huge splash and completely drenches me in water that is suddenly freezing cold again hahahahahahaha. And then just to make it better right after the super strong wind from off the snow covered mountains starts back up. Just making the wound just that much worse haha
When we get back onto the beach he runs up to his mom and gives her a giant hug. And then everyone on the beach runs up to him and gives him huge hugs even though he is completely wet, but they didnt care. And Then as they are all hugging him i see it as my perfect opportunity to escape for warm clothes, so i catch my companion and tell him to run to the truck we came in and get a bag of clothes for me that i left under the seat.

Andres and I then both walk back to his house and Change our clothes. And then we sat for a min in the sun and i ask him how we feels. And he just feels great! He was super Happy.

Yesterday we gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. And got him an interview to receive the Aaronic priesthood. When i told him that he was going to have an interview to receive that same Authority that i taught him about he just seemed shocked that God would Put so much trust in a kid like him who was just starting the path to return back to him. And so i gave him some reassuring words that i´m not going to share, and then he had him interview. He is scheduled to receive the Aaronic Priesthood the week after General Conference. I´m really happy for him. It´s kind of hard to explain.

It´s kind of too bad that some day i am going to have to leave Lago Ranco, I´ve definitely changed as a person alot here, and its probably the only place in the world that i know of that i can see how my choices has changed the lives of many people. I have two more baptisms scheduled for the End Of next month. I hope that i will still be around here to see them.

Love you all keep me posted with how your adventures are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment