Monday, May 6, 2013

La semana de la clinica‏





Miya could you get Kelcie Evans Philippines address for me? Mom i have not yet gotten the sleeping bag, but i did just get all the medical supplies you sent me. I saw that you sent them on Mar22nd and i just got them a few days ago so it still may be a while until i get the sleeping bag. Also I got a letter from Nick Hawkes, Shelley Williams, and Erika Crandell  and if you read my blog i have a letter coming back to you in the mail right now, and it may take about a month for you to get it.

So i am incredibly surprised with how quickly this week passed by because i don´t know if i had experienced longer days in my entire life haha At the very beginning of the week my companion got really sick and couldn´t get out of bed. And so i told him that he should just rest and that i was fine with missing a day or two of work so he could get better. And after 4 days of sleeping (without waking up for more than about an hour or two a day) without getting any better i decided i should probably call somebody.

So i called the mission doctor  and talked to him for a while and explained everything that my companion had. And after talking for a couple of mins he said that i needed to take him to the emergency room. Which at first i was  grateful that we may actually get my companion feeling better, but i had some reservations about it, because so far with my time here in Chile i have not had very many good experiences with Chilean Hospitals. Doctors offices are ok but the little experiences i´ve had inside of hospitals should belong in a scary movie hahaha enserio the hospital here in Paillaco is scary.

But the mission doctor told me that i needed to take him to La Clínica Alemana. it was about an hour away in the middle of a bigger city. Thankfully i have a friend that was willing to drive us there, because quite frankly i don´t think taking him on one of the buses and taxis would have been very fun for either of us haha. But he was unconscious for the entire ride over so he didn´t mind how long it was. In fact he didn´t even believe me when i dragged him out of bed yesterday to go to church that it was actually sunday because he had been unconscious for almost an entire week. He thought it was wednesday still hahaha

But i got him to the clínica and the doctor there ran a bunch of tests on him and decided they have no idea what he has hahaha they have established that it is probably some degree of an intestinal virus. But it´s something they haven´t really seen before. And they told me if he isn´t feeling better by tuesday it´s probably something more serious and i need to bring him back haha. But this week although has been a giant waste of time it was actually pretty good for me. Because i had an entire week of solitude with only a couple of phone calls from the zone leaders and the Hermanas to make sure that he was still alive and to make sure i was in some degree of sanity haha. But i after a week to myself i had a lot of time to think, and i really think i grew alot this week. There was a couple of things that have been tearing me apart inside pretty much since the day i started my mission back in January, and had been killing me for well almost 5 months now. But i really had time to resolve those internal conflicts i was having with myself. It was something i really needed.

So there was one day where i got to leave the house last week, and i have some freakin legit stories from it. I am almost out of time with my internet time, so i will just write them to Dad in a letter home. But shoot they are so cool. Just to get you excited about them there was a moment where there was someone who was really trying to tear down my beliefs, and the beliefs of one of my investigators, and well i stood up to them. And i don´t think we are going to have a problem with them anymore hahaha. I love you all keep me posted with everything thats going on! Thats awesome to hear that you may move! Let me know if you do because i´ll have to give the information to my president. Love you all!

1 comment: