Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20th






Hermana Harper can you send me your mission home address? I have a legit story that i want to tell you!

Kyle I have a letter coming for you in the mail right now. I got the stuff from my mom. But South America is definitely something else haha Wet is definitely a understatement haha

Uncle Bill Paillaco is un Pueblo that is half way in between Valdivia and Osorno. And i am pretty sure i know someone that has Copihue flowers, i´ll find out for sure though and try to get a picture of them. One thing that they have here though in Paillaco are Rose bushes the bigger than most of the trees i´ve seen in Mesa they are super beautiful. I actually spent most of my P day in Valdivia today around El Rio Calle Calle y en el centro pricipal. Es super linda allá en Valdivia. Quisaz depues de la mision nosotros podemos visitar diferente areas de nuestras misiones juntos.

So my companion was sick again this week. It was terrible. I am getting really good being alone though hahaha. Honestly the worst parts of the day was when my companion was awake because he was always in a bad mood because he didn´t feel good and he kept saying things that sounded like he wanted to fight. But Sunday rolled around and he didn´t want to go to church because of how he felt and i almost literally dragged him out of bed, called a taxi and went to church. Which was probably good because there was alot of people who needed my help there, and to be honest i have never used more consecrated oil within a half hour than  i have in my entire life (i refiled my vial 3 times) Everyone is feeling better though and i should be getting back to work after P day ends so it´s all good. And well almost absolutely nothing happen this week other than that. And so i am going to take this opportunity to tell random stories from when i first arrived in Chile 3 months ago.

So my story has to do with a little something i like to call a miracle hahaha. It was my first day here in Chile, i was in Santiago waiting for my plane to arrive to take me to Osorno. And i had just passed though all of security and has my 90 day visa approved. And there was a bunch of paper work i had to do to get that done. But when i finished there was one paper i had left and it was all in spanish so i had no idea what it was. But i filled it all out anyway and set it down to the side and started talking to someone.

I then heard that my plane was coming in so i grabbed my bags and left. And as i was passing through security the second time to get on my next plane i remembered that i left my folder with my papers in it where i set it down. But by the time i remembered i was far enough through security there was no way of me going back to get it. And so i think i just siad a little prayer that someone would throw it away before someone steals my identity with it. Because it had all my passport info and a bunch of other stuff on it. When i arrived in Osorno they asked us if we had that paper that i left behind, and i told them no and that i accidentally left it in Santiago. Which was apparently kind of a big deal.

So i had to go on a intercambio with one of the APs where they drove me to the Gobierno where i had to do some more paperwork, and refill out the info that i left behind. And then the government guy ( i cant remember his official title haha) was saying how he really hopes that no one steals my identity because apparently it is pretty common for people to steal that information from foreigners to apply for a bunch of random stuff. And so i was freaking out a little bit but figured there was literally nothing that i could do about it so i just stopped worrying about it. The next day i get assigned to work in Paillaco, and as i was unpacking my bags i saw in the very bottom of one of them a blue folder that i knew that i didn´t put in there. I opened it up and discovered that all of the things taht i left behind in Santiago where in there. And i know for a fact that i left them in santiago because i saw them as i was passing through security. And that is the first miracle i saw here in Chile. It was a small one. But it was still one. And in fact a really important one haha.

So i am going to give a little back ground info on the pics i attached this week. One of them is me and Elder Balbuena, i mentioned him when we were skyping. I freaking love that man to death, he is from Mexico City, and is super loving. He is my zone leader and calls be a bunch to make sure everything is going good. I definitely intend to see him again after the mission. And the other picture is right outside my house in Paillaco. I live on the very edge of the city and that is the view i see everyday as i leave for work. My flash wasn´t working or else it would have probably looked better because it is super gorgeous. I never get tired of just standing there and over looking el campo. It´s super gorgeous. I meant to take pics of the Rio Calle Calle too that i told uncle Bill about. That is super gorgeous. I was around that river all day. It´s super legit there are wild sea lions there.

Oh one last thing. Can you send me the writing address for Bishop Wells? I want to write him. Love you all! Keep me posted!

1 comment:

  1. That's a ton of blessings you've given! That's awesome, it's so good to give blessings. And what a wonderful miracle. Great job Elder Crockett! You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete