Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don Hamilton Denton Crockett (my legal Chilean name)‏

So i just finished all my visa stuff so i am legally allowed to be here in Chile from 1 more year! My 90 day visa expired super quick. So many things has happened this week. I don´t even know where to start. 
 
I received  2 letters from Truman this week, one the day after his birthday, and the other just a day or two ago, i also received a letter from Nick Chambers.  I have a letter coming for Truman this week, and i should have a letter coming for Nick next week. 
 
So this week i had 3 different intercambios  (exchange, for those who were wondering what that's meant all this time.J). Only 2 of them was for more than just a couple hours. My first one was here in Paillaco (speaking of Which uncle Bill I live on the end of the North side of Paillaco. My first house here though was right next to the train tracks. Those where fun to have in the middle of the night hahahha) But i was with Elder Pariona who is from Peru, and it was fantastic, he started his mission here in Paillaco  he knew a ton of people that we could visit who for one reason or another were either dropped or Baptized. 
 
And speaking of members of the Church Miya the priesthood is starting to turn around here. I just helped ordain two men to the Melchizedek Priesthood this Sunday, and i would like to say that i helped with bringing them to the church, one of them was that really humble man/my home teaching companion who i told you about before, and the other was one of my friends who i reactivated his family. 
 
So when i got here other than the Branch President (who doesn´t even live in Paillaco) there was 1 active Melchizedek Priesthood holder there are now 6, and the stake president was here this Sunday and was talking about how, with the members help, we could turn Paillaco from a branch to a ward with how much it´s growing. It was my goal to get it into a ward by the end of the year, but he wants to do it sooner, hopefully the members help out because even thous there are about 20-30 more people who are attending since i have arrived here it  has taken me 3 entire months to get that many.
 
So if all the members helped hopefully my goal will be accomplished. And speaking of growing the Church i should have my first baptism this weekend. It is the girl that i told you about when we were skyping who reminds me of Ella. I have 4 more that have baptismal dates and 2 that used to have baptismal dates but have recently fell through so i'm hoping we can change that. 
 
I also had an intercambio this week With Elder Balbuena in Laurel, and i loved it, me and him are great friends, and i pretty grateful for it too, because just a few day after he got a call from President and got sobrecambiod (transferred.J.) and so sadly i probably wont see him again on the mission because he is way down South now, and only has 2 more cambios left before he goes home. 
 
But i am really hoping i get to see him after the mission because me and him where really good friends, but if there is one thing that i have gotten really good at these last 5 months is how to say goodbye to people i really care about, because i have to do it alot. And at first it was really hard, and in fact still is, but honestly i am hoping that it stays that way. Because i don´t want to see the day when it´s no longer hard for me to say goodbye to people. Granted i´m a whole lot better at it than i used to be, but that is a weakness i intend to keep. 
 
Sadly i'm already out of time this week, because i received a bunch of emails  this week, please for everyone who is emailing me please continue, i am just going to start printing them out and reading them later instead of reading them all at first just so i can have more time to type. Thanks for everyone who is sending me Letters too! I absolutely love them, And just as a side note i tell so much better stories through letters just because i don´t have to worry about time, so let that be inspiration to write me haha. 
Love you all! Keep me posted with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment