Thursday, February 14, 2013

Week 2

10:20 AM

So this next week has been super great, and i have learned so much too! So i will begin with telling you a little story. My companion Elder Walker and I have been picking up spanish Super fast! Faster Than most of the people in our class, so naturally it starts getting to my head... Well we have a lesson schedualed with a new "investigator" name Carlos De La Calle. And we have our first lesson with him, and it goes great, we commit him to going to church with us, and praying about Joseph Smith. 
 
 So we also schedual a next appointement with Carlos for the next day. So the next day we come back to talk to Carlos. And my companion and i feel like we are just going to blow him away at the lesson, just because how well we did the last time, and because of how well we were speaking spanish. So natuarally God is not going to let this fly. So we get into our lesson, and i start talking to Carlos if he has any questions, or anyting that he wants to tell us about. Well he starts BLASTING us with how Joseph Smith is a false prophet! And i try so hard to defend Joseph, but i can't!I could not think of any words to say, and so i am sitting here getting toasted by my investigator, and out of my companionship i am the one that does most of the talking anyway, so Elder Walker was stuck too! So after a couple of mins i finally get hit with inspiration, and the scri[pture Amos 3:7 comes to my mind, so i share that and i say how God is the same now as he was in days of old, and so He speaks to prophets. And then I try bearing my testimony about how I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, but it was no where near as power as my testimony about Heavenly Father loving us, or about Prayer, or pretty much anything else! And so i don't know how much the investigator actually believed me about me knowing Joseph was a prophet. 
 
So i ask him if we can come back again later to talk to him again. And he agreed. So my comp and i left, and as we were walking away i was Furious! Not, at anyone else though. Just Myself. And so i grab my companion and i tell him "I will never let that happen again, I know Joesph was a prophet of God, and i have no excuse to let anyone get away with talking about him like that" So my companion and i decide that we are going to dedicate the rest of the day to strenghting our testimony of Joseph Smith. So i lock myself up in a computer lab, and i spend hours and hours, watching the Joseph Smith Movies, watching Elder Hollands talk about his testimony about the book of Mormon, and of Joseph Smith, and i study scriptures too that streangthened my testimony too. And now I KNOW that Joseph Smith IS a prophet of God, and he was called by God to restore Christ's Church on the earth. tomorrow morning i am meeting with Carlos again, and i am going to set him straight! I've decided that we are going to walk in there with a message about Joseph Smith, and we are not going to leave, until he knows for himself that Joseph is a prophet. I will sit there and pray with him until he knows that he is a prophet, and we will not move on to teach him about other things until he has that testimony for himself. That experience was really good for us though, because we learned that no matter how good we think we are we need to rely on the Lord, have good plans, and have a strong Testimony about Everything that we teach! And I will too.

That's my little spirital story for today, now to get onto something that is totally on a diferent track. Elder Walker and I have had our own room to ourselves sense we've gotten here. But yesturday we got two new Elders in our room, and our story about it is so funny! So we didn't want anyone in our room, so we would joke around saying if God really loves he will give us a really cool roomate...and a black guy haha. So we get the names name of the new Elders, and their names were Elder King and Elder Williams, so they are pretty cool sounding names. So we walk around the MTC and my companion see's a black guy walking into a building, and Elder Walker say's "That's him i can feel it!" So i run over to the building and i do a nice little over the shoulder creeper check on him, And his name was Elder Williams! 
 
So me and my companion are super psyched about it, because we are pretend that he is our new roomate, and he's going to be good at basketball and all that stuff. So we go throughout the day, and that night we see Elder Williams again with his new companion. So of coarse we have to get round two of creepin on, so we get up close enough to see that the other Elder was Elder King!!!! And so we just couldn't take in anymore we had to introduce ourselves, and tell them that we are wthir roomates. And we are already friends. And they are super cool. And they both really like basketball too, and even though i play volleyball every day for Gym i will definitely get some B ball on with just them just to show gratitute for my new guys. Once again Elder Walker and i ccan testify that God answers Prayers, even if it's something stupid like we want a cool guy, and a cool black man. I have pics with them, and i'll send them home when i get my SD card back! Love You all! Keep me Posted

No comments:

Post a Comment