Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week 4 !!

Those Snow Pictures are Crazy! I just sent a letter home about me being in a bunch of snow and making a joke about how you guys probably think you're cold. But the fact that it's snowing there too is crazy!
But today i want to tell you about something that i realized the other day.
I was standing up in a district meeting and teaching about Abenidi, because i felt inspired to talk about him. And i was saying how i wish that i could have the same faith that he had, he know that when he was returing to King Noah to teach him the message that he had, that he was going to be killed. But he went anyway. And I said to my district that more than likely none of us are going to be asked to Die in the name of Christ, but every single one of us has been asked to live in His name. And i taught things like like for a couple of mins, then i didn't feel inspired to say anymore so i sat down, and we closed our district meeting and went to bed.
The next day I wasn't feeling very good about myself, because the night before i was standing up and proclaming truth to my friends, but i didn't feel like i had that same faith that Abenidi had. So i was a little bummed out, so i started reading my Book of Mormon, and right now in my study i am in Second Nephi, and i was reading Chapter 4. It's an incredible chapter, and it inspires me so much. But in it Nephi was repenting for believing that he was the man that God expects him to be. And he was saying things that i know that i have said only minutes before. So i'm reading and i recive an incredibly humbling but empowering thought. That i am just like Nephi. And the more i looked back over my life, the more i realized that it is true. And then i started thinkking about Abenidi again, and the things he was asked to do. And i realized that i have already been asked to do things just like he had. And altought i didn't die for my beliefs, i did have to stand alone when no one else around me would. And i realized that i do have that same faith that Abenidi had.
And then i remembered how for the last couple of years i would sing that song "How can i be", wishing that i could be like those great men who did incredible things for God, and I never realized that i am one of those men too. And it definitely put my entire life into perspective. I can garentee that Nephi didn't feel adiqute to do the things that the Lord asked him to do, and i'm possitive that at some point of time Abenidi had some degree of doubt in his mind about if he would be able to endure things he needed to. But they were faithful, and knowing that harder things were to come they kept walking. And it gave me alot of hope. I have been asked to do hard things my entire life, and i don't forsee that i will ever be asked to do something easy. But i know that i will be able to do it. And i am excited for the Lord to start giving me Hard things again, because nothing easy is worth doing, and doing easy things isn't going to change the world.
So here i am having this incredible experience, when i recieve one more thought that i will never forget. It was "Something inside of you inspired a God to want to suffer, bleed, and die to save you"
I'm not perfect, i'm not even as good as i want to be, but that doesn't mean that we cant do and see miracles. Some of the most spiritual moments that i've ever had in my entire life came when i was down, and didn't think that i could keep walking, but when we fall, that is when God helps us get back up, even better than before.
There is a scripture that popped into my head just now, i don't know the refference but it says "If men come unto me i will show unto them their weakness. I give me weakness that they may be humble. And if they come unto me i will make weak things be strong unto them" I'm pretty excited for the times that i get to become even stronger.
Sorry if you were expecting me to email home a funny story or something like that. Because i have millions of them. But right now i felt like i needed to tell you about this. I love you all!

 
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment