Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 4.5



El Conquistador!  It is the fan of legend! It started out as a fan that a couple of guys took from a storage room and named Bernard. They engraved the scripture Jer 51:1 on the back of it which I found quite appropriate.  When the elders left instead of returning it they established a tradition of passing it down to the most honorable missionaries they knew and with the change of ownership comes a change in name.  After a long line of passing it down the fan came into my possession where I changed its name to El Conquistador.  It has 2 uses; one is to cool down my ridiculously hot room, and the other is to do my hair!  It gets it perfect every time!!
It seems like just yesterday that I met my new room mates, but apparently it's been more than a week, and they are already some of my closest friends. I've been really lucky with the men I've been put with, they are all super fun guys and we all get along great. We have a little story time every night and they love it when it's my turn because I always have the coolest stories.
A Hermana drew a picture for me on my banana.




The bricks here are so rough that everything sticks to the!  So I adopted using the wall to hold my socks.

this is a comparison between what I eat as opposed to what my companion eats.  Every meal I have a big salad, a banana, and something else relatively healthy.  While my companion downs 6 bowls of ice cream, 3 cookies, etc. It will probably cause his death.  
I want to tell you how I started my day.  I woke up at 5 a.m. to go do my laundry.  So I throw on a a pair of gym shorts and a tshirt and grab my laundry bag.  Normally the sky is black when I get outside, but today it was white...because it was snowing.  So I walk through the snow in my shorts and t for a couple of minutes until I get to the building where I can do my laundry.  So I drop off all of my stuff and walk back home to clean up my room a little bit.  Half an hour later I walk back tot he laundromat still in gym shorts with it snowing harder than i twas before.  Change my laundry walked back.  Wait another half hour, walk back through the snow to pick up my laundry and walk back to my home again.  So if you start thinking it's cold in AZ remember that i an probably trudging through snow in less clothing than you are wearing. hhahah

(OK...the most shocking part of this description is "It only takes half an hour for his load to dry?!!??  I need a dryer like that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment